IGNORED

Rough hunting

Buck154

The weather has been mild. I think even if it was very cold, deer movement would still be low. I think deer move less because they conserve energy. Being most of the best food sources are gone, they are left with woody browse which is everywhere. It's not nutritious but it fills the belly. Think about it. When was the last time you shot a deer with an empty stomach? I never did at any time of year. 

1 hour ago, KBfishing said:

I got some high temp cheese I wanna use up. Will probably shoot one or two more and make kielbasi with high temp cheese in it. Made this in the last three weeks. Love my pit boss pellet smoker. 

20200202_110009.jpg

20200125_212107.jpg

20200124_165029.jpg

That looks amazing... it looks like Schmaltz European Provisions in Springfield. Good eats!!

21 hours ago, Buck154 said:

This time of year has been rough for seeing deer. Last few times out been seeing nothing.  Guess the pressure and late season and lack of cold weather for this time of year is to blame. I could go else where and hunt but the managment hunt I'm on has definitely been managed. Will be glad when season is over. Season is way to long.

That's because it's trapping season

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Up in Sussex there is so much browse around from downed tree limbs the deer have plenty of food.  They don’t need to travel far and don’t need to rely on our bait piles.  Hopefully this mild winter and plentiful food source will lead to some big bucks next year