IGNORED

Would You

Russ 11

Depends.  The older I get, the more depends I acquire.  Depends how far from the road.  Depends if he's too big to drag too far.  Depends if I have too much meat already.  Depends if it's getting too dark.  Depends if rusty will fix broken point.  Depends if I'm in the mood to butcher.  Depends if I'm looking for a younger buck for more tender meat.  Depends if I felt the hunt was worth taking a deer.  Depends if that's the only deer I've seen in a month.  Depends if I feel like shooting something or not at that moment. 

Not a good looking rack, imo, so that doesn't make a difference one way or the other.

37 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Depends.  The older I get, the more depends I acquire.  Depends how far from the road.  Depends if he's too big to drag too far.  Depends if I have too much meat already.  Depends if it's getting too dark.  Depends if rusty will fix broken point.  Depends if I'm in the mood to butcher.  Depends if I'm looking for a younger buck for more tender meat.  Depends if I felt the hunt was worth taking a deer.  Depends if that's the only deer I've seen in a month.  Depends if I feel like shooting something or not at that moment. 

Depends if your Depends are half full or not. :eyebrow:

AWM

Yes I would,  I think  he is already past his prime a little bit. Every buck will age differently compared to others. He also has a good amount of grey in his nose/muzzle area, but also appears to have been in a good fight or two with another buck in the area. So I think you possibly may have a bigger one around

Edited by Silver Belly62

Shoot him, unless your area is pressured. I just found sheds of a buck that’s a slob, with him was a weird 8 that had the same rack 3 years in a row.. I waited as I wanted to shoot the Giant. Next year he’s dead during EOB. You never know by next year he could get hit by a car, EHD, or worse poached. Make the smart choice.

Actually my rule of thumbs is, if I have to think twice about shooting a buck it's most likely not big enough. The easiest way to avoid shooting is leave your weapon on the hanger, once your weapon is off the hanger your three quarters of the way committed:up: