IGNORED

What’s it take to be an outfitter here in NJ

Njhunter77

A captains license is required by the Coast Guard but in over thirty years I have never seen them check anything other than larger fishing vessels nothing inland. You do not need anything from Fish and Wildlife as it is not regulated. All the other stuff mentioned is a CYA move. Good luck with your venture.

I don't think NJ has a guide certification program, at least according to this link. https://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/guidelst.htm

If you are serious, I would go on a paid hunt or two with an NJ guide & ask a LOT of questions. Or work for an outfitter or as a mate for a while and see if this is really for you. Once you start taking someone's money you need to produce consistently, as well as deal with all kinds of personalities & expectations. A lot of outfitters DO use waiver forms, so you may be able to bypass some of the liability issues, but obviously you'd need to check with a lawyer first. 

If you are just talking about something casual, I'd just ask for a few bucks for gas or lunch. I've taken a lot of strangers hunting over the years, sometimes we trade hunts, sometimes it's because I want to introduce a new person to the sport or to fall turkey hunting with a dog. I never thought of asking for money, but it's not really a big deal (for me).

Catch & release is for guys who don't know how to cook. :cook:

Must have an array of stollen trail cameras and blinds, be able to shoot a crossbow from a moving vehicle, and trespass without getting caught including having forged written permission from the landowner.
once you have or complete the above you should be qualified..

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] don’t forget an alias name and wig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk