IGNORED

The Carnivore Diet

not on the rug

9 minutes ago, Tuck said:

Very interesting and looking forward to results.  I have slacked somewhat on my fasting and have occasionally added creamer to my coffee.  I totally struggled with the black coffee.  Need to find a good coffee to get back on track!!!!

Good coffee is very drinkable and delicious when black.  Most folks drink Folgers, or Maxwell House or some other off the shelf stuff that has to be masked with plenty of dairy and sugar because it's terrible quality junk.  

Try to find a local coffee roaster.  I can recommend some, depending on where you live. Go in there and meet the owner or roaster.  Talk to them and sample some things. Find what you like and don't like.  Fresh roasting is almost as important as the quality of the beans. 

If I can't get fresh coffee from my roaster, Black Rifle Coffee is actually fantastic coffee and is freshly roasted.  It's veteran owned and part of the proceeds go to benefit veterans, law enforcement and first responders.  Total win-win. 

Then learn how to make good coffee. I recommend a french press, but a pour-over makes coffee just as good.  

3 minutes ago, Dynamicduojx said:

I’ve thought about trying it, but I like my butter, sour cream, cheese, etc as toppings lol ... it’s like a carnivore keto but with the extras emoji854.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to do butter still.. for cooking meat and topping meat with.  Good organic, grassfed butters and whatnot

3 hours ago, not on the rug said:

I'm going to be embarking on this semi-strange journey for the next few months just to test my body a little bit and see where it takes me.  Has anyone ever toyed with this idea before?  I remember listening to Dr. Shawn Baker (probably the most well-known carnivore), as well as both Jordan Peterson and his daughter Mikhaila talk about not only surviving, but absolutely thriving on a pure carnivore diet.  

This concept, much like other restrictive dietary choices, isn't necessarily about what you eat, it's about what you don't eat and the focus of that is eliminating inflammatory foods, problem foods, non-foods, etc.  As a little background, I've been eating in a Paleo/Ancestral manner for nearly 11 years now. Meat, seafood, veggies, some fruit, nuts/seeds/spices and very little dairy.  The only grains that I'll consume are white rice, wild rice, and oatmeal, but only occasionally. I've also dabbled in the VLC and Keto worlds before they were cool or trendy and had great success with improved health markers.  The only thing that Keto/VLS impedes for me is high performance, high output activities.  My heavy lifting suffers, my sprinting suffers, my boxing suffers.  So I learned to carb cycle on the high output days and that worked well for me.  

Anyway, back to the experiment.  Nothing but meat, seafood and eggs.  Plenty of beef, venison, seafood, some pork and chicken, organ meats at least once weekly, etc.   Various salts (Pink Himalayan, Black Hawaiian and Celtic Sea).  Probably some pepper.  Coffee and Tea.  Plenty of water.  

I'm going to continue with the Intermittent Fasting that I've been doing for a while now.  18hrs of fasting, 6 hour eating window.  I typically eat between Noon and 6pm and then fast after that.  

Exercise will be a month of daily yoga.  I'm going to pause the lifting, boxing and other activities for now and just focus on the daily yoga.  I'll reassess exercise on March 1st.  

The plan is to do this for February and probably March as well.  It takes your body at least 30 days to even adjust to most dietary shifts, so I want to ride this out and see how it works for me. 

So who's with me?

@LPJR

Watch the documentary called the Game Changers.

may change the way you want to eat entirely .

as much as I am a meat eater , watching all the valid proof that eating meat especially red meat is probably the worst thing we can do for our body.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

Watch the documentary called the Game Changers.

may change the way you want to eat entirely .

as much as I am a meat eater , watching all the valid proof that eating meat especially red meat is probably the worst thing we can do for our body.

Game changers is an absolute nightmare of a farce.  It should actually be illegal to propagate nonsense like that. In fact, take everything that Wilks said and do the opposite. It's been absolutely obliterated by any knowledgeable person who has reviewed it.  

Edited by not on the rug

1 minute ago, not on the rug said:

Game changers is an absolute nightmare of a farce.  It should actually be illegal to propagate nonsense like that. In fact, take everything that Wilks said and do the opposite

Too,much proof to show otherwise.

top professional athletes in Every field are all eating plant based diets .

totally different views to what had been thought about in the past .

strength and endurance  isn’t even close .

.guys changing to that diet are showing .benifits to their health 

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

2 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Too,much proof to show otherwise.

top professional athletes in Every field are all eating plant based diets .

totally different views to what had been thought about in the past .

strength and endurance  isn’t even close .

.guys changing to that diet are showing .benifits to their health 

No proof at all. 

People can be an exception to a rule...that isn't proof. 

Improving health markers on any diet is a bit of a farce too.  Most people eat poorly.  Then they pick a diet... Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Mediterranean, etc and lo and behold they show improved health markers.  Of course they did...they stopped eating garbage.  They probably started exercising in conjunction with those dietary changes.  It's a win-win situation

I can steer you in whatever direction you'd like, but pretty much every claim that guy makes in that movie is patently false.  His claims are not objective and he doesn't actually use any sort of science or peer reviewed studies to make his claims.  

Eating vegetables may or may not be good for you. I've seen some pretty compelling arguments that the inflammatory compounds in plants, like lectins and phytates, do more harm to our bodies than the good that some of the other compounds might do.  

Eating real meat is definitely not bad for you though. 

Let's just make things clear too... "meat eaters" in this type of science fiction are all lumped together.  so they make no distinction between folks who eat grassfed beef, wild caught seafood, hunted game meats, etc and the slobs who eat McDonalds every day: factory farmed meat, slathered in fake cheese loaded with hydrogenated and/or rancid industrial seed oils, and slapped between 2 buns made from highly inflammatory and nutrient devoid grains like wheat (with soy added to it).  Not to mention the fact that people who are commonly thought of as "meat eaters" are probably washing that filth down with a side of GMO fries, fried in industrial seed oil and a great big cup of soda with or without artificial sweeteners.  What I eat as a meateater is not the same as what these folks think meateaters eat.  

I implore you to watch and read some of Chris Kresser to start with.  He will lay things straight for you.  Then dive in to Dr. Peter Attia's work.   

12 minutes ago, Ryanm said:

What are you doing on the side? Taking a multi vitamin? I’ve done keto in the past did meat and green veggies and did well and like it carbed up once a week. Lost 24lbs in 6 weeks. Then my daughter was born and fell off the wagon. 

I'm not sure what I'll do. I want to be fair to the experiment and not taint it to much.  

On an ordinary day, I take 400o-5000 IU of D3, 250-500mg of chelated magnesium, and a B Complex containing Methylcobalamin  (rather than Cyanocobalamin. 2-3 times a week I take a very high quality Multi-Vitamin.  I may suspend these supplements for the first month just to see what happens.  

17 minutes ago, Ryanm said:

What are you doing on the side? Taking a multi vitamin? I’ve done keto in the past did meat and green veggies and did well and like it carbed up once a week. Lost 24lbs in 6 weeks. Then my daughter was born and fell off the wagon. 

I eat a keto diet I actually take nothing just eat good foods cooked in the proper fats just had a complete panel of blood done and my numbers made the doctors happy best in years and I have only been doing this since august and actually didnt get things figured out till September but things could change Ill deal with that if it happens. vitamins have fillers that can sometimes have negative effects on keto but doctors have said if you eat right you should not need any supplements and so far so good...

Edited by buckhound

5 minutes ago, not on the rug said:

I'm not sure what I'll do. I want to be fair to the experiment and not taint it to much.  

On an ordinary day, I take 400o-5000 IU of D3, 250-500mg of chelated magnesium, and a B Complex containing Methylcobalamin  (rather than Cyanocobalamin. 2-3 times a week I take a very high quality Multi-Vitamin.  I may suspend these supplements for the first month just to see what happens.  

the doctor I see at Jefferson h says ignore studies most all are flawed from the beginning  and designed to prove a specific point not to actually find the truth a real study should take years include many people split into groups eating specific diets as well as many other factors. another thing is follow the money see who is involved and they are involved with in the end food is a big business..

5 minutes ago, mmfan36 said:

Do what's best for you.everyone body reacts differently. 

I think that's a really interesting point.  Nutrition isn't necessarily a one-size-fits-all thing.  That being said, I do believe that certain things should be eaten and certain things should be avoided. 

Most folks never push their body to achieve anything . They don't know how fast they can run, how far they can swim, how high they can climb, how hard they can punch, how much they can squat, etc.  They've never experimented to find their optimal diet. They live in a house of fear and excuses.  "I could never quit eating bread."  My response...Why? Do it, it'll be the best thing you ever do.  "I just love pasta so much," or "I need dessert after dinner," or "I love soda" or whatever else...  "I'm too tired to hit the gym" is another one of my favorites.  Mental weakness leads to physical issues.  Mind over matter.  Maybe this experiment will make me feel like shit or maybe it will make me feel like a million bucks.  I don't know yet, but I'm going to try.