not on the rug

The Carnivore Diet

14 minutes ago, newjerseyhunter said:

As in store bought or make your own? I don't think I've ever seen a teriyaki without brown sugar or a sugar substitute.

Yes, store bought. Unlike soy it has some sweetness to it.

i don’t consume any sugar with one single exception which is jerky. It is hard to make it not tasting too salty without little brown sugar. I also don’t think you consume tons of sugar eating few strips of jerky. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, newjerseyhunter said:

2 Liters of Pepsi a day is approx 250 grams of sugar! 

50 teaspoons of sugar :shock:

Day 12.  18hr fast.  2 Epic venison bars for lunch at noon.  Seared some scallops in butter and served them with some bacon crumbles.  

40 minute yoga.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, newjerseyhunter said:

2 Liters of Pepsi a day is approx 250 grams of sugar! 

Every morning before work I get a taylor ham, egg, & cheese sandwich. That's good, bad, both … whatever.

But, there's a guy I see there most mornings. He always gets a 1-liter  Mountain Dew, a big "Bear Claw" pastry, and a huge, gooey cinnamon roll … just for his breakfast.  Nice guy, but I think he should start checking his blood sugar levels. :eek:

• Haha 2

On 2/10/2020 at 5:32 PM, not on the rug said:

30 minute yoga.

Feeling great! 

Wow, Yoga everyday. I don't know much about it. You feel you get a lot from it? You do it at home, or go to a session with other people?

8 minutes ago, Jim_ said:

Every morning before work I get a taylor ham, egg, & cheese sandwich. That's good, bad, both … whatever.

But, there's a guy I see there most mornings. He always gets a 1-liter  Mountain Dew, a big "Bear Claw" pastry, and a huge, gooey cinnamon roll … just for his breakfast.  Nice guy, but I think he should start checking his blood sugar levels. :eek:

I'm pre-diabetic just reading about that.  :rofl:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jim_ said:

Wow, Yoga everyday. I don't know much about it. You feel you get a lot from it? You do it at home, or go to a session with other people?

I usually do yoga 2-3 times per week as part of my normal routine.  Lift 2x, yoga 2-3x, boxing/biking/hiking/walking/etc the other days

For this carnivore month I'm doing yoga daily as my exercise and nothing else.  Yoga is absolutely the best thing you can do for your mind and body.  

Many years back I went to a studio all the time.  These days I do it at home 99% of the time.  I still try to get to a studio a handful of times a year.  It's a good challenge and the eye candy makes it worth it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim_ said:

Yoga is great if you have a partner who loves you in yoga pants. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Yoga is great if you have a partner who loves you in yoga pants. 

I know I sure love MILFs in yoga pants. :up:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Jim_ said:

If you want to see how fat people get fat go to wawa in the AM. Almost every fat individual is buying sugar on top of sugar on top of sugar. This is how they start the day so you can just imagine the rest of it.

Are you tracking your caloric and macronutrient intake? I know you probably aren't posting an exhaustive list of what you are eating but it seems rather scant nonetheless. 

24 minutes ago, newjerseyhunter said:

Are you tracking your caloric and macronutrient intake? I know you probably aren't posting an exhaustive list of what you are eating but it seems rather scant nonetheless. 

No. I never track calories or macros.  I haven't done that in close to 15 years.  I just eat intuitively.  

I am posting an exhaustive list.  What I type is what I eat.  It's actually quite a bit of food.  My mid-day meals are usually 200-400 calories (Which they always are.  I don't eat much during the day anyway; just black coffee, water and a small snack. to break the 18 hour fast around noon.  I've been doing this for along time.)  

My dinners are pretty large.  For example a 1lb strip steak is nearly 1000 calories; close to 125g or protein and 50g of fat.  a strip of thick cut uncured bacon is maybe 75 calories, 5-6g of protein and 5-6g of fat.  Grassfed butter is about 100 calories per tbsp and all fat.  

So a 1lb steak cooked in 2tbsp of butter, then drizzled with the butter afterwards is 1200 calories easily, all protein and fat.  6 strips of bacon is another 300 calories.  So that day was close to 2000 calories.  Thus far, I'm averaging about 2000-2500 calories daily.  Pretty average and it's nothing but protein and fat. 

Again, it's all about eating intuitively.  If I'm hungry I eat more meat. If I'm not, I don't. It's pretty easy. 

The thing to consider here is palatability and hyper-palatability.  So potatoes are good right?  How many baked potatoes could you eat in one sitting?  In one day?  4? 5?  6?  The number maxes out around 6.  Trust me, I've done a potato hack before.  But I digress...add butter and salt and you could do 10 no problem.  Slice them up and fry them and you could also do 10 easily.   The point is this:  When you're just eating food, real food, full of protein and fat with no sauces, not fried, not slathered in condiments, it becomes way easier to actually listen to your body's signals and those signals aren't getting tricked by anything else.   I know in the past, when I'm doing just meat and veggies, I can easily eat 2lbs of steak.  My body just needs it.  We've gotten so far away from actually listening to what our bodies need

• Like 2