IGNORED

1/30 check in

Greybeard

13 minutes ago, gregtpal said:

I'm waiting for the post with a pic of that 8 pt.  You are certainly putting your time in.

I have to try someplace else tonight.  Can't sit in that blind one more time.  Usually don't hunt a spot more than once or twice before moving.  They catch on quick to scent left behind.  Not sure yet if I want to go down to the bottom by the ravine or over the top to the other side of the hill.  Have him on camera at night coming from both directions.  Which ever way, I have to find a spot for the morning.  Tomorrow is it, last day.

22 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Not sure yet if I want to go down to the bottom by the ravine or over the top to the other side of the hill.  Have him on camera at night coming from both directions.  Which ever way, I have to find a spot for the morning.  Tomorrow is it, last day

Go for the top Bob. Should be beautiful up there tomorrow morning, wind WNW at 3 mph.

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Not out today. Got to blind yesterday and someone put a dead shed buck against my blind. Dragged behind my blind but didnt see a deer. People are reduculous in this world with stupid stuff they do. Good luck to everyone out today. Leaving early tomorrow from work for final sit. 

20200129_142628.jpg

1 hour ago, deadonshot2 said:

Not out today. Got to blind yesterday and someone put a dead shed buck against my blind. Dragged behind my blind but didnt see a deer. People are reduculous in this world with stupid stuff they do. Good luck to everyone out today. Leaving early tomorrow from work for final sit. 

20200129_142628.jpg

WTF?

1 hour ago, hunterbob1 said:

Go for the top Bob. Should be beautiful up there tomorrow morning, wind WNW at 3 mph.

Only problem with the very top is it is thick with scrub brush and knee high blueberry bushes, and he may be bedded in there,  can't hide anyplace and get a shot.  If he's up there, I'm going to have to approach from the valley on other side or he will smell me and maybe see me if he's still on the side by my blind.  He'll see me coming if he's laying on the other side.  He's not big by being stupid.  Had him on camera this morning heading up and back farther on that ramp/shoot just before I got to my blind.  He's there when it's dark, so I'm going to go around the other side of the mountain and walk the valley around to the back side where it drops off into a thick swamp.  Long walk, and going to take all day to drag something out of there, but it's the last day and maybe I can get to the swamp before him, if that's where he's going.  I think he's straight back on the ridge my blind is on, though.  That's where he seems to mostly come from. He had scrapes and rubs all along there last year and this year, and I kicked him out of bed there once, plus found a shed that may be his there.  The valley on the other side does come all the way around the mountain to the same ridge back farther by the swamp.  That swamp gets pushed hard during gun season from the other side, but haven't seen anybody go back in as deep as I am from either end.  

Going to head out soon to find a hiding spot where he may cross that valley.

30 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

You can help me kill him next year if you're up to it. 

Been a while since I did some good ole mountain huntin. Sure I'd love to show,I mean hep ya got er done.:up:

I'm ready. Hang this by your favorite blind outside of that swamp bedding area end of October.

IMG_20200130_150319930.jpg

Edited by hunterbob1

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Been a while since I did some good ole mountain huntin. Sure I'd love to show,I mean hep ya got er done.:up:

I'm ready. Hang this by your favorite blind outside of that swamp bedding area end of October.

Hell it may work right now. I found some old doe estrous and poured some out near my stand last week. When I went in there yesterday to take a look maround there were 6 fresh rubs and three trees were hard bark rubbed bare -about three feet bare. Looks like I have some poor old buck looking for that last doe in heat. LOL

I dont use it. Just got settled in. Found a spot for the morning, if i can find it again. No good places to hide where the sign is good. 

15804200582902717912514405405716.thumb.jpg.046a876f3fe4346ffe40b4a637d0e37d.jpg