IGNORED

Been a banner predator season so far

06roadking

I only really get out on weekends and holidays but, I haven’t been blanked yet this season. Every sit has produced at least one animal and most have produced multiple kills which, is a double edge sword I guess. Finally have accumulated the right equipment and learning a ton. I love my deer hunting and turkeys but, these dogs, both fox and yote are my favorite to hunt.

DB9483E0-8DEF-4F52-8A71-20565D644555.jpeg

19 minutes ago, mightyhunter said:

Nice 

what caller are you using?

FoxPro Hammerjack. Thing works outstanding and has a built in decoy which I love. I think they go for $299 but I got it from allpredatorcalls.com as a refurbished unit and they knock $50 off. Looks and operates like brand new and has the new unit warranty too. That call comes with 200 sounds and another 100 for free from the FoxPro website. If you buy from them, they will program any 200 sounds you want or you can just take the stock sounds that comes with it. Very, very good place to deal with

43 minutes ago, Cripple Shot said:

Question 06roadking ... what type tripod mount are you using to hold the gun? And can it be removed to be placed on something like a Manfrotto 128LP Micro Fluid Head?

It’s a Bog Pod Deathgrip. It’s solid as a rock, very adjustable and most any gun will fit in it. Game changer on those long shots

Predator is turning into my favorite as well.  As roadking said a good Tripod setup is a game  changer. I use the RRS  tripod with Kopfjager Reaper grip.  Yes, $1300 is a lot for a tripod and grip setup but like anything else you get what you pay for.  We usually get out a few days/nights a week to chase critters. If I only hunted NJ then I prob wouldn’t have invested that much in a tripod but we hit NY and PA for night rifle hunts. 

6 hours ago, 06roadking said:

FoxPro Hammerjack. Thing works outstanding and has a built in decoy which I love. I think they go for $299 but I got it from allpredatorcalls.com as a refurbished unit and they knock $50 off. Looks and operates like brand new and has the new unit warranty too. That call comes with 200 sounds and another 100 for free from the FoxPro website. If you buy from them, they will program any 200 sounds you want or you can just take the stock sounds that comes with it. Very, very good place to deal with

Have you had any luck calling in any coyotes with this unit?

Disregard I saw your other thread

Edited by mightyhunter

1 hour ago, mightyhunter said:

Have you had any luck calling in any coyotes with this unit?

Disregard I saw your other thread

More coyotes than fox though I target coyotes more. I have a couple of places the coyotes haven’t run the fox out of yet so they are the places I go so I don’t over educate the coyotes at those other spots. I usually get a couple of yotes then let that place rest for a couple of weeks and go after fox. Both are livestock farms so the yotes and fox are always hanging around looking for chickens or sheep