IGNORED

A WINDOW COMPANY THAT STANDS BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT

RPK0620

In 2006 I had 24 double hung windows in my house replaced and the replacement windows recommended by the installer were from MI WINDOWS & DOORS, 650 West Market Street, Gratz, PA 17030-0370.

In 2017 I had to replace 8 of the 48 (upper & lower) windows due to gas leakage as they were fogging up.  There was a 20 year guarantee on the windows so it only cost me $25 per window for the shipping.

I called today as I need to replace another upper and lower section and did it over the phone at a cost of $28 per section for shipping.

A GREAT AMERICAN COMPANY PRODUCING A PRODUCT THAT THEY STAND BEHIND !

PS: I'm not in construction and don't know about Andersons Warranty/Guaranty but these windows look and function as well as those of Anderson I have seen so thats why I'm posting this in case anyone is looking to upgrade.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

1 minute ago, Greybeard said:

IDK, but 9 windows upper and lower out of 24, that's 18 sections that failed out of 48.  Doesn't sound like a good window to me, plus paying $25-28 for each new section doesn't sound like a good warranty to me.  

I agree. Marvin and Anderson make great windows. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

That’s great, the only issue is why they don’t last.

I wish I could say the same about Pella. They advertise life time warranty but when I tried to get my door repaired or replaced after 25 years, they laughed at me. “When we say life it really means 10 years on parts” . Even today they say life time but the fine print tells different story .

Let me try try to clarify this a bit, and I'm not knocking any of the other window companies, its just that I am very satisfied with this one.

The $25 & $28 charge was for the packaging and the shipping charges.  

And it was 9 sections not windows out of 48 sections (19%) that failed and it was that they became a bit foggy or hazy I guess from the gas leakage between the double panes.

They have held up perfectly and never failed to operate smoothly it was an aesthetic issue.

They were installed 14 years ago to the month and the failures occurred on the first 8 sections after 11 years then on this last section recently.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.