supr78nova

Landowner wants firewood as payment - How much for a cord of wood in Hunterdon county?

Is the wood for him to burn this winter or next? If it’s for this winter you’re gonna have to shop around to find somebody with seasoned wood and 6 cords of it. If it’s for next year you have many options. Pick up a treasure there’s plenty of options in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe it is for next winter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

He's 70 are you sure that he didn't want you to give his Wife the wood?:hmmmer:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kype said:

i will admit stacking really sucks.

I sense a disturbance in the Force - oh, never mind, it's just Rusty after reading that sentence.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

Cut your own wood. Why pay someone else when you can do it for free? You don't know where the wood came from, or how the wood was handled unless you do it yourself. It's easy. Guaranteed, once you cut your own wood, you'll never have anyone else do it for you.

You have problems taking out your own garbage. I'm not sure if your qualified to be giving out advice,:laughing: pertaining to home chores.:laughing:

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, mazzgolf said:

I sense a disturbance in the Force - oh, never mind, it's just Rusty after reading that sentence.

Yeah my eye did twitch a little after reading that.  

Does he get reimbursed for having trees removed from his property? Like farm assesment just asking i don't own any property.
His property is part of a forest stewardship program. He was telling me that the majority of his ash trees will be dead in a year or two because of beetles. Not sure if he gets reimbursed or not.

53 minutes ago, supr78nova said:

He was telling me that the majority of his ash trees will be dead in a year or two because of beetles. 

Ash is the easiest firewood to process.  You'll have 2 cords cut and split without breaking a sweat.   

• Agree 2

Ash is the easiest firewood to process.  You'll have 2 cords cut and split without breaking a sweat.   
Having never done it before and at the risk of sounding like an ass, how many average size ash trees does it take to get 2 cords?

I am no Rusty but I will guess 4 ash for 2 chords

• Agree 1

I would go fall 8 now and limb them. When it warms up  cut 4 into rounds then rent a splitter for 2 days. Then that leaves you 4 for your next payment

• Like 1

Or get a couple cases of beer and tell Rusty you know where there is downed trees. It will be split and stacked the next day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rgw said:

Or get a couple cases of beer and tell Rusty you know where there is downed trees. It will be split and stacked the next day

That would work if he wasn't down in south Jersey.  Enough of the right beer might get me to drive down below 80 but not 78.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rusty said:

That would work if he wasn't down in south Jersey.  Enough of the right beer might get me to drive down below 80 but not 78.  

We do have porkroll down here...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

We do have porkroll down here...

Yet another reason why I won't be going down there.  Who in their right mind would put something called pork roll in their mouth???  

• Haha 1