IGNORED

fatwood fire starter

Kype

i recently bought a pack of fat wood to try out for a quick way to start fires in my stove. they work great and get a few logs on fire in no time and they burn a long time. but after about a month of use i have noticed black soot flakes (not embers, not on fire) coming out from my stainless steel chimney. 

have anyone used this product and noticed the same thing? should i stop using them? 

this only happens when light a fire with a cold stove and chimney, once things get hot, the black soot flakes stop flying out of the chimney and everything is fine otherwise. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

I fine split oak with ax.

That's what I do, 5 minutes with a hatchet and you can turn a couple logs into a big pile of nice kindling.  Keep it in a bucket next to the stove and it'll be tinder dry when you need it.  

Of course I only start 1 fire a year so i don't use much kindling.  I started this fire in October and it's still going.  :D 

Chew Toy   .jpeg

when we go to our cabin and property in WV i actually set out to find fat wood in the woods, they call it ridge pine, and i usually am able to get a few logs of it cut up every year.

But to answer the ?, no havent noticed any difference using it.

Paul M. Ross

REALTOR

Coldwell Banker Sales Associate

908-943-8842

PAUL THE PAINTER

INTERIOR PAINTING

HUNTERDON/WARREN COUNTIES

908-943-8842