IGNORED

WMA Ranges - Any Open

yoda4x4

58 minutes ago, scottygun1 said:

No, since i hunt predators with a 223 and have to shoot down at the Fort Dix range. I just just think it will be crowded  a lot more. You go now and there are tons of guys shooting 22's and believe me more than half don't hunt with them or have hunting license.  

Well, they all paid for it so they all should have access 

27 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

:scorned: been patiently waiting. Have lots of shootin’ to do

Relax it will be open as soon as the season is over. They may close it again in September for 6 months to install additional equipment on back order. But it’s all good it will be better :shock:

the reason shit like this happens is because the guy in charge allowing this to happen keeps his job regardless of how bad he effs up. Heads should be rolling

4 minutes ago, njbowhntr said:

I use the Clinton range year round. And it was a shit hole as of late. More people shooting holes in the roof and leaving trash. Everyone says it is the states fault, but in a way I do not totally blame them. Granted everyone here adheres to all rules and regulations while at the range, but we are only a small fraction of the licensed hunting community. And not to mention the amount of non licensed people that use it. The Clinton field office has been hit by bullets from people not using the range properly.   I drove back there and saw the improvements. It will stop bullets from being shot above the backstop. But the jack wagons are still going to shoot holes in the new constructions. And then it will get closed again because people make it a liability for the state. I could only imagine the insurance costs of running the ranges in this state. 

I’m not sure the insurance is high if there is any. It’s not a range they charge for and you can not sue the state 

1 hour ago, njbowhntr said:

I use the Clinton range year round. And it was a shit hole as of late. More people shooting holes in the roof and leaving trash. Everyone says it is the states fault, but in a way I do not totally blame them. Granted everyone here adheres to all rules and regulations while at the range, but we are only a small fraction of the licensed hunting community. And not to mention the amount of non licensed people that use it. The Clinton field office has been hit by bullets from people not using the range properly.   I drove back there and saw the improvements. It will stop bullets from being shot above the backstop. But the jack wagons are still going to shoot holes in the new constructions. And then it will get closed again because people make it a liability for the state. I could only imagine the insurance costs of running the ranges in this state. 

I completely agree 100 percent. With that said, in close to 25 years of shooting at the Clinton range I have neverrrrrrrrr even saw a damn CO sitting in the parking lot!? You would think with its proximity to the office they would have a heavy presence there. I understand they have plenty of other places to patrol and respond to with limited man power, but if you want to make a statement and keep things in order then there needs to be some damn enforcement of the law and action against those who break it. It boggles my mind with its proximity to the office that enforcement is virtually non existent..... bullet point number 2 is the biggest problem. Zero enforcement...

CB2B4E13-A9B4-441A-AC03-783752402577.png

Edited by Mallard1100