IGNORED

how to lift deer into bed of truck easily

mazzgolf

37 minutes ago, Bucndoe said:

Get the monster first, then worry about solving that problem. When you do you will see how much strength you have with pure adrenaline 

I have a guy like this on the farm. Winches, lifts, pulleys, the entire $75K truck designed to load an haul deer  but he can not kill one. Maybe the worse hunter I ever met with more money than brains.  

17 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I have a guy like this on the farm. Winches, lifts, pulleys, the entire $75K truck designed to load an haul deer  but he can not kill one. Maybe the worse hunter I ever met with more money than brains.  

Inspector Gadget

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

I used to put in sled then lift front onto tailgate and pick up back while pushing in, but it became hard to do after I added the runners.  The runners get hung up on the tailgate, and if I put the front at a steeper angle so the runners are on the tailgate before lifting the back, then it wants to slide back on me.  Now I keep a folding ramp in the back of the truck with the sled and will just push the sled up the ramp.  Haven't been able to try it yet, but it should be very easy.

I'm old school.  I step up onto the tailgate and use the drag rope to pull the front half of the deer up onto the tailgate.  Then hop down and lift the back of the deer up into the bed, it takes about 20 seconds.  You kids and your modern technology.  :shakehead:  

truck .jpg

Truck Bed .png

Edited by Rusty

47 minutes ago, bucky said:

Saving dem nutz for a reason:hmmmer:

No. I didn't realize they were still there until I got it back to camp and hung. When I get a 200+lb deer down and I am by myself my mind doesn't always do what it should in the proper order.

I have one of these but only used it once when the back was really bad. Got it for lifting a 4 stroke 9.8 motor on and off a boat as well. The down side is it takes a lot of room in the truck bed since it does not fold up. Would be good for butchering the deer as well: 

https://www.discountramps.com/deer-hoist/p/Deer-Hoist/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAmZDxBRDIARIsABnkbYTNQnCx-9Gup_tlWyu7PemWeiidXxJ3n4GMuw4BBEXN5A7zfAplwJgaAroQEALw_wcB

Edited by Deadeye

16 hours ago, _X7 said:

If the buck in that video is 180# I'm a whale. Anyway, the easiest way to get a deer into a pickup is to take the tailgate off the truck (its not that hard). It takes away the angle shortening the distance you need to move the deer into the bed. You can put the head on the bumper, get in, bend down, and pull it right in. Even easier with a jetsled.

I thought the same thing.  That deer isn’t even remotely close to 180

16 hours ago, Rusty said:

I'm old school.  I step up onto the tailgate and use the drag rope to pull the front half of the deer up onto the tailgate.  Then hop down and lift the back of the deer up into the bed, it takes about 20 seconds.  You kids and your modern technology.  :shakehead:  

truck .jpg

Truck Bed .png

That's how I did it until I tore both biceps, and got the sled a few years ago.  My truck has a cap and the floor is carpeted, so it was a pain keeping plastic under it at the same time.  I spray the sled with permethrin mix to kill any ticks that fall off the deer, then spray the pelt after it drops back into the sled after butchering.  It kills those buggers instantly