BHC

Which Manufacture Makes Crossbows For.....

2 minutes ago, BHC said:

Ummmm No I posted about the company that makes them for archery companies, you said "Cheaper" , I'm happy with it....and when I first posted about my crossbow purchase I stated cheap

500 sent cheap , there are lots of xbow under 300 .

and some of them are great too.

once upon a time 500 was expensive lol

for the xbow  over  1500 bucks , there is no reason they don’t have exceptional triggers .

3.5 to 4.5 pounds on many of them is a joke .

1 minute ago, hammer4reel said:

That was their first series , when I bought mine they had been updated already .

Info was for Buckeyes, have no idea what series he has but mentioned triggertech which had recalls on xbow and rifle triggers

• Like 2

I don’t have the trigger tech on mine but thanks for the post. But I’ve shot my buddies with it and it is great. I will pass it along. Thanks! I still think mine on my KI365 is way better than most higher end xbows

Edited by Buckeyes11

If you want Barnett or CenterPoint crossbows go to wing and Supply they got them on on sale cheap

16 minutes ago, Timbuk2 said:

If you want Barnett or CenterPoint crossbows go to wing and Supply they got them on on sale cheap

Wing supply has some ridiculous camo deals!

5 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

:shakehead: so buy the cheapest piece of shit you can find and be happy with it. 

you just made me spit my drink:laughing:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BHC said:

I did 2 years ago, a Centerpoint 380 Tormentor with Victory Decimator Bolts, out to 50 yards shooting as good as those spending 100s if not a 1000 more then my POS....funny thing is, dead is dead weather one spends a little or tremendously a lot more.....I paid with upgraded scope (thanks to LPJR) , quiver,  bolts and broadheads just under $500

Point is if someone said, they purchased say a PSE some folks would be saying "HEY NICE CROSSBOW " not knowing who really makes it, or knowing it's the same crossbow without a popular known name on it, both made on the same assembly line

post-55-0-77629500-1518299215.jpeg.4459294743cba8bfc39ae83271b2613d.jpeg

20191105_104245.jpg

So you bought a PSE:-)

3 hours ago, Woodsman416 said:

I think Hoyt makes the best crossbows.:up:

I have one:up:
But why are we spending money on Hoyt. Cheap is good now, I saw a bow at dicks for $150

Edited by Lunatic

4 hours ago, hammer4reel said:

500 sent cheap , there are lots of xbow under 300 .

and some of them are great too.

once upon a time 500 was expensive lol

for the xbow  over  1500 bucks , there is no reason they don’t have exceptional triggers .

3.5 to 4.5 pounds on many of them is a joke .

The only thing I did not like no my $1,100 ten point was the trigger. Ravin trigger is crisp and light/

6 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

You should have mentioned “cheaper” crossbows, it’s all relative... you get what you pay for

Cheap in itself maybe a relative term. Crazy high price to one guy maybe cheap to someone else.

25 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Cheap in itself maybe a relative term. Crazy high price to one guy maybe cheap to someone else.

It's no different than a compound.  A 300 dollar bow will kill I shot a buck master 2000 for 9 years than bought a redhead cryptic liked it but somthing was missing.  When I purchased my house my wife brought me to an archery shop little to my knowledge she had him take the price tags off and said shoot a few buy one..  I bought a mathews zxt cost me 1100 out the door ready to hunt it is what i liked,  just finished my 5th season with it and only want a new one so I can set up a 3d bow..  price is irrelevant shoot what you are comfortable with and can comfortably afford

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

It's no different than a compound.  A 300 dollar bow will kill I shot a buck master 2000 for 9 years than bought a redhead cryptic liked it but somthing was missing.  When I purchased my house my wife brought me to an archery shop little to my knowledge she had him take the price tags off and said shoot a few buy one..  I bought a mathews zxt cost me 1100 out the door ready to hunt it is what i liked,  just finished my 5th season with it and only want a new one so I can set up a 3d bow..  price is irrelevant shoot what you are comfortable with and can comfortably afford

I could not agree more.
Your wife is a good woman

Edited by Lunatic
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Have a killer instinct, dead on, great trigger, I am happy with it for sure. No trigger recall, no busted limbs. Be safe, have fun and good luck fellas!

• Like 1