IGNORED

Think I found a new run n gun combo

vdep217

43 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

I agree on the color but I would not paint it a solid color. all it need is some patches of brown mixed with whats already there.
Straps on the steps are a no go. One strap is all you need and going up and down  it would be a pain to deal with two straps. No place to attach it as well. The stand has two straps as it is

The sticks only use one strap,  the stand has 2 but the main top one is all u need

9 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

The sticks only use one strap,  the stand has 2 but the main top one is all u need

Having additional strap on a step could create problems. With one strap a step stets itself  against the tree when you step on it, and becomes solid. Additional strap could prevent this

Edited by Lunatic

54 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Having additional strap on a step could create problems. With one strap a step stets itself  against the tree when you step on it, and becomes solid. Additional strap could prevent this

Not sure what u mean each stick has one strap.

12 hours ago, vdep217 said:

Light enough but not very packable.

Have you thought about just using screw in steps? The right type make blind set ups real easy. I don’t like carrying sticks or setting them up for a single hunt myself. Good folding screw in steps like Cranfords go in easily, others not so much.

Edited by MGHunter66

AWM

8 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Have you thought about just using screw in steps? The right type make blind set ups real easy. I don’t like carrying sticks or setting them up for a single hunt myself. Good folding screw in steps like Cranfords go in easily, others not so much.

I can set the single steps up in less than half the time screw ins take me,  the older I get the less I like screw ins..  the pack ability of this would be just what I need and want without spending 400 on lone wolf set up

4 minutes ago, vdep217 said:

I can set the single steps up in less than half the time screw ins take me,  the older I get the less I like screw ins..  the pack ability of this would be just what I need and want without spending 400 on lone wolf set up

Have you tried Cranfords? I can put one in in 20 seconds. The key is the design, fold ups allow you to “stab” the tree unlike others. Once you stab the tree 8-10 rotations and its done

AWM