IGNORED

Think I found a new run n gun combo

vdep217

This past year I used guide gear quick steps and an old api.  Light enough but not very packable.  At 20 lbs I think this will be my upgrade.  Love my x stand climber but going into a piece blind or hunting different winds in same area will make it easier and ve able to get more concealed.  On sale direct from x stand for 219.  Way cheaper than lone wolf and same weight

Screenshot_20200117-223118_Web Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20200117-223126_Web Browser.jpg

Screenshot_20200117-223148_Web Browser.jpg

Edited by vdep217

Nice Vito. Looks like you are picking up some good tips from one of the mature buck killers on here, Buck154...

Hanging a set and shooting a good buck on the same day from that stand is definitely an art.....

Edited by LPJR

54 minutes ago, LPJR said:

Nice Vito. Looks like you are picking up some good tips from one of the mature buck killers on here, Buck154...

Hanging a set and shooting a good buck on the same day from that stand is definitely an art.....

Def helping talking to him.  This is actually the first year I consistently seen buck on the hoof I've had on cam.   My first 8 this year was 2 weeks after I screwed up on the wide one. My mist recent I sat the area a total of 4 times 2 in my hang on over bait and twice about 100 yrds away..  let a few go this year that I wouldn't have in the past.   Another piece of the puzzle to put in place 

Their stuff is made pretty nice l but I didn’t like they were only using 1/4” hardware for all the support buttons .

both on the stand as well as the sticks .

with seat down there is also very little foot room for big feet .

i liked the brackets on the millennium micro which has same size platform , and it’s 1 1/2 pounds lighter 

fine for few hour sits , but not as good for pack in all day sits 

Edited by hammer4reel

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

26 minutes ago, hammer4reel said:

Their stuff is made pretty nice l but I didn’t like they were only using 1/4” hardware for all the support buttons .

both on the stand as well as the sticks .

with seat down there is also very little foot room for big feet .

i liked the brackets on the millennium micro which has same size platform , and it’s 1 1/2 pounds lighter 

fine for few hour sits , but not as good for pack in all day sits 

I'm of medium build at 5ft6 180 lbs I can use most stands comfortably I have an x stand sit n climb and love it.  I just cant justify 1 set up being over 300..  i could see where a bigger person could have comfort issues.. my current run n gun stand is an old api and is smaller but as you said longer sits suck

If your using a hang on for a quick or mobile setup have you ever considered  Wild Edge step ladders ? Very compact and you can use however many steps you need to adjust to the tree, or height, you want etc. Also allows you to use a climbing aider if you need to reduce number of steps to be lighter

Edited by Silver Belly62

Looks good except why is it bone colored? I would have to paint it with a grey or dark grey primer paint in the summer and leave it outside a while to fully dry. For some extra safety I would probably add a couple small ratchet straps - one for the stand and one for the top step at least. Adds a couple pounds but would make the stand not move at all and the top step I would guess is the one that would most likely make you lose balance or would be the worst one to break. I use an extra ratchet strap on my hang on stds but I usually set it and leave it.

4 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Looks good except why is it bone colored? I would have to paint it with a grey or dark grey primer paint in the summer and leave it outside a while to fully dry. For some extra safety I would probably add a couple small ratchet straps - one for the stand and one for the top step at least. Adds a couple pounds but would make the stand not move at all and the top step I would guess is the one that would most likely make you lose balance or would be the worst one to break. I use an extra ratchet strap on my hang on stds but I usually set it and leave it.

I agree on the color but I would not paint it a solid color. all it need is some patches of brown mixed with whats already there.
Straps on the steps are a no go. One strap is all you need and going up and down  it would be a pain to deal with two straps. No place to attach it as well. The stand has two straps as it is