IGNORED

Any outboard mechanics on here , lookin for opinon

FishNHard

I'm not a mecanic but can tell you they all have their plus's and minus's. They are all good until they break. I'd look for the price of parts and service availability in your area. Note that all dealers are good at selling, but there are those who might not be so great on the service end.

When I went looking here (Northwest NJ) I saw that Suzuki dealers and repair were a rare item and Honda was on the high end for everything if you found a place that has them. Mercury seems to be in a lot of places and are good in the small motor category . More and more dealers are going with Yamaha for a reason. Evinrude is still out there as well, but there is little noise about their motors these days.

Do a search of brands and dealers along with reviews in the boating forums online and you come to some sort of conclusions to the what and why.

Edited by _X7

In the category your looking at Mercury and Yamaha are the proven motors .

its laughable to read Honda could take over the market , they are severely outdated compared to the other 2.

mercury small motors are as bullet proof as the small Yamahas.

many even from the seventies are still around and running , and the newer motors are sweet .

between those 2 I would be looking for the most convenient reliable service.

and buy from there .

both Mercury and Yamaha stand by their motors , and have excellent tech response to help a dealer if they have an odd repair issue , it can save you a lot of money having that extra response if needed .

suzuki customer service flat out sucks.

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

Service is key. With that said you don’t see many Honda and Suzuki dealers around. Mercury and Yamaha are king for a reason. With that said,any motor will give you problems if not properly maintained. Those are the guys that tend to have the most problems but won’t admit it. Be meticulous about your outboard maintenance and you will be problem free.