Any outboard mechanics on here , lookin for opinon

I  have  a Yamaha dealer and a merc dealer maybe  a mile from my house the 1 dealer I called sells both Honda and Yamaha and told me Not to go Honda  , not sure why maybe because they still use carbs and not EFI the merc dealer had 1 on the floor and looked pretty nice  no Yamaha dealer had 1 in stock to look at but looking online  most of the Yamaha videos that motor looks pretty tiny,  , all seem to have the same 5 yr warranty the merc was a bit more in price  . 

9 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

I  have  a Yamaha dealer and a merc dealer maybe  a mile from my house the 1 dealer I called sells both Honda and Yamaha and told me Not to go Honda  , not sure why maybe because they still use carbs and not EFI the merc dealer had 1 on the floor and looked pretty nice  no Yamaha dealer had 1 in stock to look at but looking online  most of the Yamaha videos that motor looks pretty tiny,  , all seem to have the same 5 yr warranty the merc was a bit more in price  . 

I have a 25hp tiller Yamaha.  It's nice but I did have to replace the RECTIFIER & REGULATOR ASSY. Burned up on me on the water. All the 4 strokes are not tiny. Look up the specs and see the weights if you are looking for the smallest. 

5 minutes ago, FishNHard said:

Nice. 43 pounds lighter is a lot from last years model. Still 126 lbs but not bad at all.

I had a 2011 Yamaha 25 HP Short shaft and sold it for a 2019 25 HP long shaft  Yamaha. The new one is almost 50 lbs lighter at only about 140 lbs. The new 4 strokes are smaller and lighter compared to a few years ago. Only issue I had was the dealer installed the fuel line backwards. So it was stalling on me at higher RPMs. But once I figured it out its been flawless.