IGNORED

Hogs!!

GhostBear

4 minutes ago, rocky said:

Congrats.

I will be in the Wellington area next month and was wondering if there is public land down there to bowhunt hogs on? Thanks in advance.

Archery is pretty much closed on all WMA's now. Small game season is really the only way to hunt hogs on public now (spot and stalk with a shotgun). Corbett is going to be your closest WMA but gets hit hard, as with every piece of public. Getting into the palmettos and walking along the swamps is going to be your best bet. 

17 minutes ago, Tbryant said:

Archery is pretty much closed on all WMA's now. Small game season is really the only way to hunt hogs on public now (spot and stalk with a shotgun). Corbett is going to be your closest WMA but gets hit hard, as with every piece of public. Getting into the palmettos and walking along the swamps is going to be your best bet. 

Thanks Tbryant. I just looked at the map and it is close by. Now I have to do some homework to see if it is worth while for me to buy a tag and explore.

Ok, so here's how it went, I ended up shooting one with my rifle, my buddy shot his first using my .300blk, while I was with my bow in another stand, he shot to right next to each other, about an hour or so later I took the rifle out to spot and stalk and I shot a piglet sow from the same group my buddy Steve his.    

This pic is after he shot his, the panda looking one and the brown one next to it are dead, the other white one I shot about an hour later on the ground at 10 feet! Lol, didn't get a shot at a 2nd one lol

Resized_20200117_073913.jpg

Resized_20200117_072539(1).jpg

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.

2 hours ago, rocky said:

Congrats.

I will be in the Wellington area next month and was wondering if there is public land down there to bowhunt hogs on? Thanks in advance.

Not sure where that is, but if its near Bushnell, I can hook you up with the outfitter I use, free range hogs 175.00 for 2 any size. Great guy, lots of pigs!

Hunt with a Vizsla, cause life's to short to hunt with an ugly dog! :D RIP Tilly monster. (Attila) 2004-2017.