IGNORED

What Happened To All The Deer on Garrett Mountain

Ten years ago you couldn't drive through Garrett Mountain. Reservation or Rifle Camp Park without seeing lots of deer and turkeys. I drove through recently and only saw one sickly looking small doe. Did they die off from overpopulation or was there a secret culling?

Edited by 230jhp

55 minutes ago, bucky said:

I believe they had UBNJ cull hunts up there, but some shadey activity related to the hunt shut it down

image.png.614492f5741adc7294ebcdd4a790962b.png

That had to be a decade ago now, and too far in the past to make any difference in today's herd.  My guess is they are yarded up as deer do this time of year and are all on a small piece of Garrett Mountain somewhere since there haven't been any cull hunts recently nor have they tried to sterilize any bucks there like they have on Staten Island.

5 hours ago, bucky said:

Lets hit it:up:

SURE..The county park police sheriffs and the Passaic cops at the gun range on the mountain and the county jail a few miles don't scare me none.:lookaround:

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt