IGNORED

Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin Sous Vide

Tarhunt

1 minute ago, Tarhunt said:

Yes. I had it in the sous vide for 4 and a half hours and now it's in the oven for 30 mins at 350 degrees. 

I would think 30 minutes at 350 would cook the loin to almost well done. However, your meat is already cooked before baking. How is this going to work?

Just now, Lunatic said:

I would think 30 minutes at 350 would cook the loin to almost well done. However, your meat is already cooked before baking. How is this going to work?

I don't know. I was just following the recipe from a good friend who is a chef. I'll find out soon. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

3 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

I’ve been doing pork at 137-140 and it turns out amazing. It’s still perfectly safe, don’t need the government to tell me what temp to cook our meat at because if we listened to them every burger would be hockey puck well done. 

Pull it at 137-140 yes, let sit 10 minutes before slicing and you are at the 145-150, medium

5 minutes ago, Hitemnasty said:

Not “boiling “ as the water is only set to the temp you want the interior of the meat done at. I asked what temp because if he set it to be the suggested 145 for pork and roast for 1/2 hour it’s gonna most likely end up overcooked. 

It will be overcooked after 30 minutes at 350 in the oven.

yes boiling it:happywave:

His recipe called for 4 and a half hours and then cook at 350 degrees for 20-30 mins to crisp the bacon. He's a fantastic chef. He made a venison steak sous vide with dry rubbed coffee served cold and it was out of this world. I've never tasted venison like that before. I need to get his recipe. 

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

2 minutes ago, Tarhunt said:

His recipe called for 4 and a half hours and then cook at 350 degrees for 20-30 mins to crisp the bacon. He's a fantastic chef. He made a venison steak sous vide with dry rubbed coffee served cold and it was out of this world. I've never tasted venison like that before. I need to get his recipe. 

Listen to him, not to me. 
anyway I just realized you are cooking pork loin, not a venison loin, so it maybe ok. Venison loin cooks fast