When i say camp I mean old school... tent, cooler, cooking on camp fire etc. No RV pussy camper wannabes. Gauging interest for a possible spring NJW&W group campout in the woods of Morris County. Maybe like a Saturday-Sunday morning of all night alcohol consumption, game dinners, games and antics. 

If I'm going camping it needs to not be in NJ and it must include Fishing. Still do all the eating and drinking but need to fish at some point.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, OMC said:

If I'm going camping it needs to not be in NJ and it must include Fishing. Still do all the eating and drinking but need to fish at some point.

Ba hum bug :happywave:

18 minutes ago, OMC said:

wanna do a shad camp this spring (trout /shad combo?

Actually thought of NOT sleeping in my comfortable king size bed frightens me.  I could last one night - maybe.   Although a W&W buddy camp out would be fun at Worthington, Stokes, Walpack, etc.  First weekend May...

I have not slept in a tent in 15 years...

Edited by JHbowhunter
  • Like 1

we could incorporate members from the site, and buy this 60K lot / house in Columbia right on the Delaware not far from Paulinskill exit into Delaware.     I bet we could get cheaper.   

Need a good GC to knock it down, and build a basic fishing cabin on concrete pilings.   I think would have to go up 5' to be safe based on pics where I think the high water mark has been, but looks like a good spot.   to fish from and relax the river is right there and it "could be" a honey hole spot or at least close to one. 

How about a W&W timeshare?   Limited member ownership, plus selling some timeshares for a brand new cabin on the Delaware?   Shad, Trout, Smallies, Catfish...    Proximity to good Turkey Deer and Bears.   

Or a LTD Partnership with say 6 guys - buy it, build it, share it...   

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/32-Route-46-Columbia-NJ-07832/2082093302_zpid/?

Having roof and good mattress and shower and kitchen - that's my idea of camping... 

Edited by JHbowhunter

3 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

we could incorporate members from the site, and buy this 60K lot / house in Columbia right on the Delaware not far from Paulinskill exit into Delaware.     I bet we could get cheaper.   

Need a good GC to knock it down, and build a basic fishing cabin on concrete pilings.   I think would have to go up 5' to be safe based on pics where I think the high water mark has been, but looks like a good spot.   to fish from and relax the river is right there and it "could be" a honey hole spot or at least close to one. 

How about a W&W timeshare?   Limited member ownership, plus selling some timeshares for a brand new cabin on the Delaware?   Shad, Trout, Smallies, Catfish...    Proximity to good Turkey Deer and Bears.   

Or a LTD Partnership with say 6 guys - buy it, build it, share it...   

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/32-Route-46-Columbia-NJ-07832/2082093302_zpid/?

Having roof and good mattress and shower and kitchen - that's my idea of camping... 

Jack you hittin’ the bourbon heavy tonight?   :shakehead:

• Haha 5

We do several times a year. We have an 8 person Big Agnes for car camping, we are a family of 5 plus dog. We have a 5 person Kelty we use to sleep on the AT camping spots. Over this coming year we would like to get 2 backpacking tents. 

Cooking wise we have 2 propane stoves, a JetBoil and an MSR burner. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Jack you hittin’ the bourbon heavy tonight?   :shakehead:

Just one martini bro!     How cool would that be...  Me, You, OMC, and then we get to pick 3 more investors. ...  Wake up and put the waders on or jump in a boat - fishing.   Great sunsets it looks like.    The house to me needs to be knocked down.     Just a few miles from the gap - possibilities are endless.    Rent it out weeks we don't want it on AIRbnB/VRBO...    Fishing the flatbrook in 15 minutes, Paulinskill in 5, Delaware in 10 seconds... 

Edited by JHbowhunter

48 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

When i say camp I mean old school... tent, cooler, cooking on camp fire etc. No RV pussy camper wannabes. Gauging interest for a possible spring NJW&W group campout in the woods of Morris County. Maybe like a Saturday-Sunday morning of all night alcohol consumption, game dinners, games and antics. 

Throw in a few putanas and I might be interested....

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

Just one martini bro!     How cool would that be...  Me, You, OMC, and then we get to pick 3 more investors. ...  Wake up and put the waders on or jump in a boat - fishing.   Great sunsets it looks like.    The house to me needs to be knocked down.     Just a few miles from the gap - possibilities are endless.    Rent it out weeks we don't want it on AIRbnB/VRBO...    Fishing the flatbrook in 15 minutes, Paulinskill in 5, Delaware in 10 seconds... 

One Martini wouldn’t make you go off the reservation so you must be smoking pot again :shakehead:

Edited by MGHunter66
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stan Putz said:

Throw in a few putanas and I might be interested....

Maybe Todd will come

3 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

One Martini wouldn’t make you go off the reservation so you must be smoking pot again :shakehead:

You don't see that flooded out house as a PHENOMENAL investment???  Offer 5K, knock it all down, and build nothing.... Just a private campsite on the big "D"

Edited by JHbowhunter

19 minutes ago, JHbowhunter said:

wanna do a shad camp this spring (trout /shad combo?

Actually thought of NOT sleeping in my comfortable king size bed frightens me.  I could last one night - maybe.   Although a W&W buddy camp out would be fun at Worthington, Stokes, Walpack, etc.  First weekend May...

I have not slept in a tent in 15 years...

Trout, shad, and maybe even a Saturday permit!

I would definitely kick it round. Haven't shad fished since HS days in Easton!

Not a bad idea bout a "morale camp" on the banks of the Ol Delly!!  Or just lease sumtin!!

7 minutes ago, njbowhntr said:

We do several times a year. We have an 8 person Big Agnes for car camping, we are a family of 5 plus dog. We have a 5 person Kelty we use to sleep on the AT camping spots. Over this coming year we would like to get 2 backpacking tents. 

Cooking wise we have 2 propane stoves, a JetBoil and an MSR burner. 

Glad to see we have at least one guy and his family that don’t need satin sheets and fuzzy slippers. We camp with two kids and two dogs, the Agnes are great

• Like 1