MZ7Extreme

Stuck in the ground blind

Ok so a few times already I have been stuck in my blind surrounded by deer and couldn't get out I even through sticks at them, they'd look and keep just grazing.

Hoe do you spook them to get yhem out of there so they dont see or smell you?

Just now, MZ7Extreme said:

Ok so a few times already I have been stuck in my blind surrounded by deer and couldn't get out I even through sticks at them, they'd look and keep just grazing.

Hoe do you spook them to get yhem out of there so they dont see or smell you?

Just shoot them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Winner 4

11 hours ago, Zipper said:

Dennis the Menace sling shot. Shoot the closest one in the ass, while howling like a coyote!

Sling shots are treated like assault weapons in this state.

I have been covered with deer at dark every night this january. I simply put bolt in quiver and climbed down and walk out. They dont run but move off and are back on cam minutes after i leave.  

• Agree 2

Wave a white rag out the window.  Seriously, when that has happened, I just pranced straight away from them in the dark and hunted someplace else for a while.  I never looked back to see what the reaction was, but never heard them snort or take off.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Wave a white rag out the window.  Seriously, when that has happened, I just pranced straight away from them in the dark and hunted someplace else for a while.  I never looked back to see what the reaction was, but never heard them snort or take off.

Sounds like you’re waving your white flag and giving up!  :rofl:

Sounds like a problem I'd like to have!  I did have a couple times early in the season where a group of deer appeared just at dusk and outside shooting range.  Sometimes they spooked and ran, sometimes I was able to slip out along the hedgerow unnoticed.  Never in shooting range in legal light though.

The one that really annoyed me was the 8 point I had been following showing up 5 minutes after shooting light ended, on the other side of a big burning bush 10 yards away so I couldn't see him until I stepped out of the blind.  He turned and ran,  and my heart sank.  I never saw him near there the rest of the fall. 

Edited by BuzzBomber
add info