MGHunter66

Interesting knife blade type

1 hour ago, Buck154 said:

I have used a Buck for years as I grew up but I got a folding Browning  15 years ago and has been my favorite since but still have my buck in my backpack. 

Thats what I use, folding Browning. It has a regular blade and a saw blade on it. That thing gutted a big pile of deer, the blade is getting thing from sharpening,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rackemup said:

Same here with the Browning. Probably had mine for about 15 years also.  It has a knife with gut hook, and bone saw all in one.

Thats the one I have. The only mistake I made when I bought it I paid little more for camo. I wish I bought it in orange so I did not have to look for it every time I put it down in the woods, :shock:

• Agree 1

I love knives and have been shopping around for a do-it-all knife that is beautiful and affordable.  One guy I love is starting to make folders now and I have been speaking with him about getting one.  His work is fantastic and he isn't just aggressively marking up prices like so many of the other makers out there. I'm going to have a folder made and it will be my edc as well as my gutting knife.  As I get older I find that I want less stuff, so a do-it-all piece is next on the list 

Check out https://www.tuckamorecustomknives.com/

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

I have the folding model with the gut hook blade and saw blade. Great knife. 

Mine has no gut hook or saw blade. Just a great knife and sharpens great

20 minutes ago, MGHunter66 said:

Those are some really sharp knives, no pun intended

Yeah.  I like his style.  I like the fact that they're afforable too.  I've been on waiting lists from other knife makers in the past who did beautiful work but charged twice as much.  Hard to stomach paying $600 for a knife that lives in a backpack and only sees daylight to gut deer with a handful of times each year.  I'd rather find something I can carry daily and use for deer as well.

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Thats the one I have. The only mistake I made when I bought it I paid little more for camo. I wish I bought it in orange so I did not have to look for it every time I put it down in the woods, :shock:

Yea I always look for them when gutting a deer. Damn thing hide from you!!!!

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Buck154 said:

Yea I always look for them when gutting a deer. Damn thing hide from you!!!!

I always look to buy a Orange handle but won't be buying another probably. LOL

7 minutes ago, archer36 said:

I always look to buy a Orange handle but won't be buying another probably. LOL

Mine is the #507 with the Stag antler Handle

I have a lot of knives but I always go back to a Schrade USA 152OT Sharpfinger. Been carrying that knife for over 30 years. I bought one for each of my boys when they passed their hunting test.

9 hours ago, Lunatic said:

Thats what I use, folding Browning. It has a regular blade and a saw blade on it. That thing gutted a big pile of deer, the blade is getting thing from sharpening,

Many, many deer were gutted with this handy knife

974906BF-8331-4F8D-9AD0-F4756A9D0C49.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lunatic said:

Many, many deer were gutted with this handy knife

974906BF-8331-4F8D-9AD0-F4756A9D0C49.jpeg

Same exact one I had till I lost it last year!!! Perfect knife and saw combo!!👍👍

I have to get another one!

• Like 1

I have the same Browning knife but it has an additional straight blade. It’s getting thinner as a result of many many sharpenings but it’s one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 1/14/2020 at 6:36 PM, MGHunter66 said:

You need to learn the forked stick in the ass for coring, been doing it for years. Nothing worse than a squishy bunger during coring :goodbye: 

Forked stick?