Tarhunt

01/14/2020 check In

I plan on hunting this afternoon to try to shoot a doe for the one landowner. Anyone else going out today? 

• Like 1

Going this afternoon, too.  Couldn't go this morning.  Hoping a big buck will move a little early if it's raining.  Good luck later!

• Like 2

I was going but will watch the radar, chance of rain in my area 1pm to 3pm

Good luck

Edited by Lunatic
  • Agree 1

Think I will wait till after dark to get in cause shooter only moving middle of the night :headscratch:

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Buck154 said:

Think I will wait till after dark to get in cause shooter only moving middle of the night :headscratch:

Why not just have a spotlight setup and light 'em up in the middle of the night? Easy! That's what I hear all the guys in central NJ do :laughing:

CPOs Riviello and Garofalo investigated a report of after-legal-hours hunting in Pemberton Twp., Burlington County. The inspection of the location revealed a bait station, ground blind, and multiple spotlights mounted in the trees. Through surveillance operations, the suspect was apprehended actively hunting deer with a crossbow at 7:50 pm. Legal hunting hours ended at 6:56 pm on that day. The suspect installed a switch in the ground blind that operated the spotlights. He could turn the lights on and off periodically to locate any deer on the bait. Appropriate summonses were issued.

• Confused 1

When does the NJ night time deer hunting season start?  Crap, they can double or triple the revenue by having 12 or 8 hour license shifts.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Greybeard said:

When does the NJ night time deer hunting season start?  Crap, they can double or triple the revenue by having 12 or 8 hour license shifts.

It depends where you live. In sussex county, the night time deer season opens a week before early fall bow. And the great thing is, you can use your firearms when the silly daytime hunters are using their bows.

• Like 1

Out in Z15. Some drops, nothing major, 5 does feeding at 250 yards

Edited by Lunatic

Deer are moving early with this weather.   It's a good day to be out.  

Zero.  Not even any rain.  Did run into a bear on the way out.  Plenty of them up and cruzing.   Snow this Saturday if they are right.  Will be looking for tracks in the snow, and looking for another ambush spot.