xbowmike

When do you stop hunting for the year?

I'll be done as soon as I unload my muzzleloader. Should have been finished already but can't get the right wind it's been all east all week tomorrow looks good first deer to stick its head out gets it

• Haha 1

Last day I hunted was the Saturday of 6 day. 

I had a real nice one on my front lawn 3 afternoons in a row. I could have shot him off the front porch. No way I would do it even though he probably would have been my biggest Nj buck. I wanted to take him with my compound from a treestand. Saw him twice, drew on him once but never saw him again. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xbowmike said:

Why no mornings?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I see considerably more deer on pm hunts during the winter months. They always move more at sunset but when it gets colds this pattern is even more pronounced.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, tcook8296 said:

Last day I hunted was the Saturday of 6 day. 

I had a real nice one on my front lawn 3 afternoons in a row. I could have shot him off the front porch. No way I would do it even though he probably would have been my biggest Nj buck. I wanted to take him with my compound from a treestand. Saw him twice, drew on him once but never saw him again. 

Why do you stop so early? 

It varies year by year for me.  This year I took my first winter bow  buck I may sit for one more doe but most likely will duck and predator hunt

I never stop not till they put me in the ground. I deer hunt  till the freezer  is full.then i start coyote hunting . Bird hunt November and December. 

• Haha 1

I hunt until the season ends. I have taken deer in january but never february. I do have a nice buck in a shotgun permit zone i may hunt in frbrusry if he sticks around.  I just enjoy being out there chasing and could care less how many times i win and how many times the deer wins. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njbowhntr said:

When my freezer is full. 

Same here. 2 or 3 is plenty for some meals & to make jerky & keilbasi for a select few. I used to kill a bunch more, but got tired of providing deer meat for the workplace & neighborhood.

• Like 1

Whatever day gets me closer to spring Turkey season....will hunt last possible day of deer season....n last day of small game season...so the wait till spring gobbler isn't too long!!

I always try to make it out for both the first day and last day of deer season.

• Like 1