xbowmike

When do you stop hunting for the year?

Just like the title says. When does everyone call it quits for deer hunting? I know some people do not like shooting does this late because of them possibly being prego. Thoughts? Also, what's the latest you ever shot a deer in the season?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I keep going as long as I have a Mature buck on camera still holding his rack. Latest I have ever shot a mature buck was February 6 and that was a 5.5 year old Big 6pt. Years before that I did shoot a 6pt on the last day of winter bow around the 2nd week of February.  

21 minutes ago, Bone collector 85 said:

I've already stopped my target buck snapped his rack November 15th  i had him at 22 yards and passed will be back at it September 

FB_IMG_1575153681440.jpg

You never wonder, is there another buck in the area but not showing up on my cam? 

• Like 2

Haven't hunted Winter Bow for a few years now. I stopped hunting at the end of November this year. Perhaps next season I will break my habit of not hunting winter bow and get out there.

I’ll hunt to the end but this time of the year I pay more attention to weather and wind and I don’t hunt mornings. Many good bucks are still around and that biggest old doe is always on my list and the hardest to kill.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I hunt until it's over.  I hunt different zones and properties that have different seasons.  Some places have lots of deer late season and some early season.  Some are hot in the rut.  Have to move around.

I go until the end,  31st for my area.  I don't shoot doe unless it's required by EAB.  I go after bigger bucks, but any buck will do, especially toward the end of any season.  January 16th I think was the latest I shot a big buck with shotgun, and I think it was 2 years ago I took this spike with the crossbow during the last couple days of permit bow.  

IMG_8513ca.jpg

• Like 2

I’ll hunt to the end but this time of the year I pay more attention to weather and wind and I don’t hunt mornings. Many good bucks are still around and that biggest old doe is always on my list and the hardest to kill.  
Why no mornings?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Till the season ends in February. I'm on a management hunt so will still take out mature does when the opportunity arises. Freind wants one for his freezer so will probably be out this Friday when the weather changes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk