Kilbo

Got the results for my bucks age!

I sent the teeth of my early season Delaware buck out to Deerage.com and I just got the results back tonight. They aged him at 8.5 years old! I’m really surprised that he was that old and to say I was pumped up when I read it would be an understatement. Unfortunately I woke up in the middle of the night because nature was calling.  (seems I’m doing more of that as I get older) :rofl:  I just happened to check my email and saw the results came in. I’m never going to get back to sleep now!!!! :rofl: :rofl: 

C6A671AE-6D03-4350-B23E-849DA3BFA2A5.jpeg

C133D5C6-B3D2-46B7-9FFE-84935F40FDCE.jpeg

BA1E1564-1714-46D7-97A0-1A950B2035A7.jpeg

• Like 22

Wow. I rember you posting pics of that buck. 

Great looking buck!

I wonder what he looked like at 5.5 or 6.5 compared to 8.5?

Edited by tcook8296
  • Like 2

Wow....8.5. That's crazy old. I have one I shot years ago that was 8.5 years old but that was from Mexico. I just sent the teeth out from the 2 I got this season. Both should be 5.5 or more. 

Did you every score him? Super buck

• Like 1

That is awesome! Congratulations on an Stud of a deer! I just sent mine in yesterday that I took last year in NY. Real curious to see what they age it at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Awesome! Makes the trophy even more special.  I notice once bucks get over age 4 even the back straps get tough.  Did you find the meat to be tough?

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, smittty said:

Dam that's a good looking deer any idea what he scored 

I could be wrong but, I thought Brian said the gross score was 146. Again, not sure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

I could be wrong but, I thought Brian said the gross score was 146. Again, not sure. 

You’re right John I did a very rough score on him just before dropping him off at the taxidermist. 146 5/8 gross

5 hours ago, JHbowhunter said:

Awesome! Makes the trophy even more special.  I notice once bucks get over age 4 even the back straps get tough.  Did you find the meat to be tough?

Yes the backstraps were tougher than any I’ve eaten in the past but still taste great!