Jump to content
rocky

The Party Might Be Over...

Recommended Posts

Just check 5 days worth of pics on the camera and not one decent buck showed up. Lots of does and a few small bucks so let the freezer filling season begin.

(Binocs are required)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My cams are dry as well but I saw a number of nice bucks last Friday, all over food source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My target buck just lost his antlers and now comes in at 7:15 and 4:30.:banghead:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rocky there are still some nice bucks out there. I have a few spots with nice bucks still. I have been hunting just one of them right now because the biggest does show sometimes during shooting light. Other times he likes to mess with me by making sure he shows on cam 10 minutes after I walk out.  The fat lady has not sung.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, deadonshot2 said:

Rocky there are still some nice bucks out there. I have a few spots with nice bucks still. I have been hunting just one of them right now because the biggest does show sometimes during shooting light. Other times he likes to mess with me by making sure he shows on cam 10 minutes after I walk out.  The fat lady has not sung.

A pic from a week ago. It is a nice buck for NJ, but I am in the filling the freezer mode right now. For some reason this year I did not feel like gun hunting so I will be bringing the bow out with me. 

82513774_10216544432669528_1848691062504

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rocky said:

A pic from a week ago. It is a nice buck for NJ, but I am in the filling the freezer mode right now. For some reason this year I did not feel like gun hunting so I will be bringing the bow out with me. 

82513774_10216544432669528_1848691062504

 

Yea, I have some shooters in an extended gun season zone but am exclusively hunting with the bow in another zone. If I need another deer I will wait to take a doe in February in a gun zone. I still have 9 cams out and have new bucks showing up so don't give up on a nice one showing up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing more bucks than doe.  Barely a doe to be seen.  Good thing, because if it comes down to the wire, I'm taking a stupid small buck to turn all into jerky.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

I'm seeing more bucks than doe.  Barely a doe to be seen.  Good thing, because if it comes down to the wire, I'm taking a stupid small buck to turn all into jerky.  

And who said you can not eat the horns :happywave:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MPSR said:

My target buck just lost his antlers and now comes in at 7:15 and 4:30.:banghead:

No worries. Just glue them back on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of early shedding already but there are still lot of buts will hold their racks till late February. If filling the freezer use your bino's to check their heads.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...