Nadornati

My LandTrust experience

I'd like to write up a review about my LandTrust (www.landtrust.com) experience, as I've discovered the application on this forum and decided to give it a shot.

The interface is user friendly - I created a user account and decided to check out some properties up in Warren County for a January bow hunt.  I brought along my hunting partner, my Uncle, as he is originally from the area and had a sense of the properties.  We did some aerial scouting online before choosing Heirs Farm.  Looked like a good piece of property, so we decided to give it a shot.  I booked it all through the website, and reached out to the property owner introducing myself.  

Shortly after booking, an email was received with all the property information (boundaries, designated parking, etc.), which was automatically imported into my OnXHunt app.  This weekend was the hunt - we were set on afternoon hunting, only.  Given the app puts you in direct contact with the property owner, it would probably be a good idea to discuss an opportunity to check the property out sometime before your hunt - if you'll be hunting first light.  

We had a good time, saw a bunch of does, but were after a buck only.  I like the concept of the app, seems like it could be a good portal to out of state/in state opportunities.  Here are some pics.

image4.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Thanks for the review Nadornati.  

:agree:

Does the site give you a history of booking at the property you are looking at? Like, how many days during the season it was booked, or maybe a harvest history. Would be helpful to know just how often/heavily a place was hunted before booking. 

• Agree 3

15 minutes ago, DV1 said:

Does the site give you a history of booking at the property you are looking at? Like, how many days during the season it was booked, or maybe a harvest history. Would be helpful to know just how often/heavily a place was hunted before booking. 

Not that I am aware of, but that would be interesting to see. 

On 1/13/2020 at 5:53 AM, DV1 said:

We don't offer this yet, but it's a great idea that we'll consider adding into the product. We will be asking if hunters saw game and if they successfully harvested game in the new review process we'll be rolling out soon. This would help give a better idea of game activity and harvest rates for listings.

Keep the good ideas rolling!

• Like 1