IGNORED

New Member in Hunterdon County

12 minutes ago, Kype said:

lets do a get together! chapter name "those who live on the musky" 

I think that would be a great idea. Fishing?  Hunting?  

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

1 minute ago, deletereturnshift said:

I'm out in Flemington

I work in Ringoes. Let me know if you’d like to know about any decent local places. I’d be happy to fill you in/show you around.   

Sometimes I think the world has gone completely mad. And then I think, "Aw, who cares?" And then I think, "Hey, what's for supper?"

17 minutes ago, delvalhunter said:

I work in Ringoes. Let me know if you’d like to know about any decent local places. I’d be happy to fill you in/show you around.   

That’s cool. 

I’ve been in Flemington since July. I was out near Princeton before. 

Been exploring a little bit of the spots around town. Any places I should check out? 

Backcountry Hunters & Anglers Member

NWTF Member

2 hours ago, madeinuk said:

Me too.

@OP - what weapons/seasons do you hunt for WTD?

I did the 6 day Firearm season. A co-worker was nice enough to take me out and lend me a firearm out in the field. 

I'm waiting to get my FID so I can buy a shotgun. Looking at a Mossberg 500 combo because I want to use it for both deer and turkey season. I'm also interested in small game and bird hunting. 

I also just bought a compound bow and I've been practicing for a couple weeks now. Hoping to take my Hunter safety for Bow in the Spring so I can participate in fall bow. So any tips with getting better with a bow would be much appreciated. 

NWTF Member

12 hours ago, Tarhunt said:

I used to live on Turkey Hill Road. 

So did I,first house on the left once you go under the tunnels, also had cousins(Pattons) up the other end:up:

11 hours ago, deletereturnshift said:

That’s cool. 

I’ve been in Flemington since July. I was out near Princeton before. 

Been exploring a little bit of the spots around town. Any places I should check out? 

Upland Reserve is loaded with deer but its county owned and a permit is needed. There are plenty of other county properties in the area as well(permit only) and also some state land if you look on NJFG website..Welcome to the area!

Edited by bucky

54 minutes ago, bucky said:

So did I,first house on the left once you go under the tunnels, also had cousins(Pattons) up the other end:up:

Upland Reserve is loaded with deer but its county owned and a permit is needed. There are plenty of other county properties in the area as well(permit only) and also some state land if you look on NJFG website..Welcome to the area!

I was about half way up. I went to school with the Berry's, the Mercovich's, the Patton's and the Miller's.

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

58 minutes ago, bucky said:

Was the house after the tunnel and before the 78 overpass? Or after the overpass? I'm trying to remember when that house was built. 

Edited by Tarhunt

1 hour ago, bucky said:

Upland Reserve is the closest place for me and I've been looking into it for next season. 

I was at Clinton WMA for the 6 Day Firearm season. 

NWTF Member

1 hour ago, Tarhunt said:

Was the house after the tunnel and before the 78 overpass? Or after the overpass? I'm trying to remember when that house was built. 

I lived there in the late 80's . Coming from 173, go under both tunnels, then there was a brush field on the left, house was first driveway on the left after the field with a big garage, the guy that owned the house drove a tractor trailer that he use to park in the driveway

Edited by bucky

6 minutes ago, bucky said:

I lived there in the late 80's . Coming from 173, go under both tunnels, then there was a brush field on the left, house was first driveway on the left after the field with a big garage, the guy that owned the house drove a tractor trailer that he use to park in the driveway

I detailed his truck when I was a teenager.