buck-with-shed.jpg.12a9eba933d32490373baaee950a0139.jpg

Very non-typical 

• Agree 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Sounds like someone else may know something about this deer??? :hmmmer: 

Him and probably 20 other guys

I couldnt shoot it myself. 

Trophy hunting to me is patience and persistence. Hunting an animal over several seasons or 1 season, everything has to be perfect especially on a once in a lifetime animal. If its not pefect, no shot. I pursue the animal for the duration of the season , until Myself or someone else kills it or until it sheds whichever comes first. If the deer gets killed or sheds or gets busted up before I can get my chance , I eat my tag and I pack my gun or bow up and go home. It would not feel the same to me to walk up on a great buck like that as a half rack. No way its the same feeling and Im sure the other hunters and Im sure their were many that this buck kept up at night   ,probably will be very very disappointed that this deer was taken after he shed. I get it,

shoot what makes you happy but I guarantee if the shed is not found that shot will be regretted. I would be happy to be hunting sheds and maybe continue the hunt next season.  Thats me though. 

Edited by tcook8296

I was surprised that I started to get guys texting me and sending me pics of my deer i killed tiesfrom 2 to 3 miles away but in velvet

7 hours ago, rocky said:

I can make whatever kind of racks I want to, but I still would not shoot a half rack buck myself. Hunting is about making choices and if this hunters choice made him happy then God Bless him.

81847249_10216542874790582_5039239932455

82245756_10216542950032463_6666670695235

Thank you and excellent work!

1 hour ago, tcook8296 said:

Trophy hunting to me is patience and persistence. Hunting an animal over several seasons or 1 season, everything has to be perfect especially on a once in a lifetime animal. If its not pefect, no shot. I pursue the animal for the duration of the season , until Myself or someone else kills it or until it sheds whichever comes first. If the deer gets killed or sheds or gets busted up before I can get my chance , I eat my tag and I pack my gun or bow up and go home. It would not feel the same to me to walk up on a great buck like that as a half rack. No way its the same feeling and Im sure the other hunters and Im sure their were many that this buck kept up at night   ,probably will be very very disappointed that this deer was taken after he shed. I get it,

shoot what makes you happy but I guarantee if the shed is not found that shot will be regretted. I would be happy to be hunting sheds and maybe continue the hunt next season.  Thats me though. 

And that’s the problem, measuring action of others by your own personal feelings. It’s hard to get away from it because feelings are not something you decide on. 

1 hour ago, tcook8296 said:

I can guarantee you I don’t regret shooting him. He’s a mature whitetail that’s has outsmarted many hunters. Finding the shed would be icing on the cake. 

• Like 12
  • Winner 3

46 minutes ago, VFL said:

I can guarantee you I don’t regret shooting him. He’s a mature whitetail that’s has outsmarted many hunters. Finding the shed would be icing on the cake. 

How you making out with that. Have you been looking. I think I want you to find it more then you do. Get looking and give us some good news

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, VFL said:

Some times it takes a lot of walking miles to find sheds. Walk every chance you get and never walk the same way. I walk 2-6 miles a day shed hunting. You can walk right by one but from a different angle you will see it. Just walk, walk, walk, walk and some more walking.  Good luck 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Deerehunter said:

Also there Is a lot of private ground where he could have lost his antler on.....

Joined 6 hours ago, in Somerset county and only posted to this thread. Interesting....

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, VFL said:

Hes a mature deer for sure , congrats on that.  Hopefully you find the other side. Looking forward to seeing pics of the mount. 

Edited by tcook8296

8 hours ago, VFL said:

:agree:

3 minutes ago, VFL said:

So here’s the icing on the cake and a GREAT GUY alert...

Gobblengrunt volunteered to help me look for the shed and after some hard work and piecing key information together, he worked his magic! Not only did he refuse compensation, he didn’t even let me buy him lunch!! The irony is, we found out we have a mutual friend, too - small world!! This hunt and experience goes beyond a great deer. I’ve had some great people help me along the way and that’s what hunting is all about. Again, thanks for all the support and advice and thank you Ron for driving over an hour away to help a complete stranger!

BF1A7771-5062-4A9D-96A5-43AE6C4DDA70.jpeg

Fantastic, could not have a better ending.
Nice job Ron:up:

• Like 1