IGNORED

RFI - Mule Deer Guided Hunt

10 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

Gents, 

Shooting a big Muley buck is a bucket list item for me. Any suggestions for which states/provinces (including Canada), reasonably priced experienced guides to consider?

TIA!

Me too!

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….

Gun hunt. Budget...not sure since I have no idea what the price range is? Not even sure at this point what kind of rifle and high-end scope would be required for the possible distances involved? Any outfitters let you borrow one? If not, how does one travel with a long arm? 

17 minutes ago, Michael Britt said:

Gun hunt. Budget...not sure since I have no idea what the price range is? Not even sure at this point what kind of rifle and high-end scope would be required for the possible distances involved? Any outfitters let you borrow one? If not, how does one travel with a long arm? 

No problem flying. Make sure you have a good case. 

www.liftxrentals.com

On 1/11/2020 at 8:13 PM, Michael Britt said:

Gents, 

Shooting a big Muley buck is a bucket list item for me. Any suggestions for which states/provinces (including Canada), reasonably priced experienced guides to consider, ease of obtaining an out of state license/tag?

TIA!

I have a great Outfitter but not cheap. You will kill a monster. I am booked for a 7 day hunt 2021 week of thanksgiving. Let me know if your interested I can give you his contact info. Not easy to get in because of return clients. That’s my buddies mule deer.  Bow hunting/rifle both top notch.  Starting 2021 I will be hunting Mule Deer every year like I do whitetails  

7E61E154-A549-4CA9-AAD4-180868B871F9.jpeg

7DA5ED7D-DBCB-477D-A9D8-0CE698294AB6.jpeg

C65A2FA3-6E22-49FF-842D-0D4FE11F8D6A.jpeg

F1EDE5D3-FD33-49CC-B0B3-F2BAF30ECC49.png

Edited by Live to Hunt

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

I will second Live To Hunt's above post.  Bow hunted with Terry a few years ago and he definitely will put you on a deer  of a lifetime.  The negative is that BIG DEER do not come cheap.  If your on a budget it may be difficult to harvest a giant mule deer.  Don't be surprised to see hunts in excess of $7K.  Also, look at Mackin Outfitting LTD, Alberta Canada.  Mackin is a great outfitter as well.  Good Luck.

5 hours ago, Tater1973 said:

I will second Live To Hunt's above post.  Bow hunted with Terry a few years ago and he definitely will put you on a deer  of a lifetime.  The negative is that BIG DEER do not come cheap.  If your on a budget it may be difficult to harvest a giant mule deer.  Don't be surprised to see hunts in excess of $7K.  Also, look at Mackin Outfitting LTD, Alberta Canada.  Mackin is a great outfitter as well.  Good Luck.

Am I the only one that finds this disturbing? I'll sell you a little Deer for 4,500 but if you want a BIG one it will cost you 7,000!

47 minutes ago, toxo said:

Am I the only one that finds this disturbing? I'll sell you a little Deer for 4,500 but if you want a BIG one it will cost you 7,000!

toxo - I probably should have said it a different way.  Having the opportunity to hunt an area that holds mature (world class mule deer) which is controlled by an outfitter is going to cost some $.  (First two pics from Alberta/Terry Scott)  With that being said, I have no doubt that you can harvest a great deer on a cheaper hunt but odds are against you in  most areas.                            (Third pic MT public land DIY 2018) Joe.jpg.16e8d40b64666b5543acae14805e83f2.jpgJack.thumb.jpg.5e6074251205585c393f675dda809a7f.jpgMontana.jpg.c3375ec6cd11addfad3bbd2064f4a6d6.jpg I agree the whole thing is ($) out of control.  I guess it all depends on what you want, can afford and what you can live with.  But having the chance to chase BIG MULE deer is an addiction!!! 

Those are some GREAT Mule Deer! I always wanted to hunt Mule Deer.I looked into an outfitter that always posted pictures of Big Mule Deer, R&K Hunting Company.He was 7,500.I thought to myself,do I really want to spend 7,500 to kill a Mule Deer and put its head on my wall? I don't know,I'm an old timer and my brain can't keep up with today's prices.LOL

God bless you if you can! Enjoy!

Edited by Dinger