BHC

Your Turkey Set Up For 2020 !!!

What's your turkey set up for this year?

For Me:

Remington 1187 Super Magnum with a Carlson LongBeard XR

Mossberg 835 also with a Carlson LongBeard XR

Both using the same ammo

image.thumb.png.db0ae1aaf0d85e4472d5e5b66212bab0.png

921507_10200729539873799_1001022726_o.jpg

mossberg835_zps588ecc44.jpg

• Like 2

Stoeger 3500 with long beard xr 3.5 6s and Carlson long beard choke.

Stoger p350 with factory Turkey choke and 3.5 long beard xr 5s.

Stoeger 3000 gobble stopper choke long beard xr 4s 3inch.

I just ordered a 20 inch cantilever barrel for my 350 to put a scope on will be my dedicated turkey gun moving forward will find my best load options when time comes 

• Like 1

Mossberg ultimag 835 original super full choke.....Tru glo red dot sight....3" Remington nitro #4's......gun is a classic... TURKEY SLAYER.....has to be 25 years old🦃🦃🦃

• Like 1

My 12ga 870 from 30 years ago with updated stock and 23"turkey barrel with carlsons long beard xr. Was using  longbeard xr ammo but hard to find in 2 3/4. Shot winchester double x, nice pattern will stick with those in 2 3/4. Neck can't handle that hard a hit. I don't use any 3" ammo.

IMG_4396.JPG

Edited by Greg
  • Like 1

Wifes,,, 20ga 870, carlons long beard, win longbeard xr 3", adjustable ventrib add on sights.

IMG_4611.JPG

IMG_5668.JPG

• Like 1

Will be using my Dad's Steven's 311 12 ga double. Double triggers.  Chokes are M/F. 2 3/4" Chambers.  Haven't decided on which brand of shell but will probably put 6s in mod barrel and 4s in the full barrel. 

Gonna cover the gun in camo with mossy oak camo skins.  

My son will be using his 11-87 20ga with a turkey choke and 3" hevi shot blend.  

Remington 870 super Mag. 3.5 federal flight control #6 w Remington super full choke. If I get time I’m gonna pick up a Carlsons choke and Winchester Longbeard ammo. And i plan on hunting w the Xbow too

Stoeger 3500 with the factory turkey choke and longboard xr. Hope to finally harvest my first . Last year we would call them just about into range , and something out of my control would push them off . 

Remington 870 20 Gauge with Remington Nitro Ammo. Mossberg 835 that, I take in a Light rain or Threatening to rain. Stevens Model 301 Single Shot in 12 Gauge with a LIMBSAVER Pad that, I will take out occasionally. 

20200113_095511.jpg