IGNORED

01/10/2020 CHECK-IN

Greybeard

14 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Had something come off the hill behind me and walk along side my blind when it was still too dark to see.  Thought it was going to come inside for a minute.   Then saw a few doe come up onto the tier I'm watching, but they went the other way.  Then one of the 8pts that I had on camera came down and was crossing in front of me when I shot.  Something didn't sound right, and the buck acted like it wasn't hit.  Couldn't find my arrow so I tracked him and looked all over where I last saw him, but not a drop of blood.  Went back to where he stood and found my arrow farther down the hill.  I think I clipped the wall below the window.  I was slouched down instead of sitting upright.  Dang it, but at least my season isn't over, and I don't think he was spooked too bad.

Bummer.  Reload and try again. 

• BowhunterNJ changed the title to 01/10/2020 CHECK-IN

I just got into my blind. I had to relocate it since I think that they knew that I was in it yesterday. Hopefully, something comes along. I don't bait this spot since it's a natural funnel and I'm too lazy to drag corn up here. 

Edited by Tarhunt

"The Nation Which Forgets Its Defenders, Will Itself Be Forgotten".

I wi join the party although my mature doe are all impossible to kill since shotgun opened.   Just had a button buck come right in and start feeding not a care in the world perfect wind it's blowing 90° down wind so the wind is a little better for me than it is for the deer in comes my target doe And totally acts like she winded me which was impossible based on my floaters she stood 40 yards for five minutes and then decided to take the button and the other fawn that was behind her away from me they are gone now. Bitch!!!!  She was completely up wind it just is not physically possible and she never once looked at me

Nothing spooks deer more than my stank… 

16 3/4” Live Fluke Release Club

I shot a big 10pt once….