Jump to content
Greybeard

01/10/2020 CHECK-IN

Recommended Posts

Heading out.  First morning I've been out in awhile.  Yesterday was the first card pull that showed movement in the morning.   Anyone else going?  Good luck if you are.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Half day of work today so I will be out pm shotgun

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gonefishing said:

Good luck to everyone today :up:

What he said!    :agree:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be out with 3Blade doing a Live hunt on the site later this afternoon. 

Have to catch a couple hours of zzz's first. Getting off shift at 0700. GL to all going out! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LPJR said:

Will be out with 3Blade doing a Live hunt on the site later this afternoon. 

Have to catch a couple hours of zzz's first. Getting off shift at 0700. GL to all going out! 

I'll be racing down Blue Mill Road at 7:01am. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orange NJ not many deer around maybe a few bums at the train station . If not pouring i will be out tomorrow morning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slayer1962 said:

Orange NJ not many deer around maybe a few bums at the train station . If not pouring i will be out tomorrow morning 

One of the largest bucks that I've ever seen was in South Orange on Gregory Ave. The thing was huge. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bad64chevelle said:

Out in 48 But for a goose hunt . Slow morning . One snow goose down though . 

There were thousands of geese yesterday when I was deer hunting this farm. The farmer doesn't allow goose or turkey hunting and they are everywhere. 

20200109_144515.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had something come off the hill behind me and walk along side my blind when it was still too dark to see.  Thought it was going to come inside for a minute.   Then saw a few doe come up onto the tier I'm watching, but they went the other way.  Then one of the 8pts that I had on camera came down and was crossing in front of me when I shot.  Something didn't sound right, and the buck acted like it wasn't hit.  Couldn't find my arrow so I tracked him and looked all over where I last saw him, but not a drop of blood.  Went back to where he stood and found my arrow farther down the hill.  I think I clipped the wall below the window.  I was slouched down instead of sitting upright.  Dang it, but at least my season isn't over, and I don't think he was spooked too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Had something come off the hill behind me and walk along side my blind when it was still too dark to see.  Thought it was going to come inside for a minute.   Then saw a few doe come up onto the tier I'm watching, but they went the other way.  Then one of the 8pts that I had on camera came down and was crossing in front of me when I shot.  Something didn't sound right, and the buck acted like it wasn't hit.  Couldn't find my arrow so I tracked him and looked all over where I last saw him, but not a drop of blood.  Went back to where he stood and found my arrow farther down the hill.  I think I clipped the wall below the window.  I was slouched down instead of sitting upright.  Dang it, but at least my season isn't over, and I don't think he was spooked too bad.

I've done it once and it sucked cuase it was a good deer. Same with me I did not catch it right away and new something happened and wasn't right. came back after I found my arrow and seen a slice below the window 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...