Greybeard

01/10/2020 CHECK-IN

Heading out.  First morning I've been out in awhile.  Yesterday was the first card pull that showed movement in the morning.   Anyone else going?  Good luck if you are.

• Like 3

Half day of work today so I will be out pm shotgun

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, gonefishing said:

Good luck to everyone today :up:

What he said!    :agree:

• Like 1

Will be out with 3Blade doing a Live hunt on the site later this afternoon. 

Have to catch a couple hours of zzz's first. Getting off shift at 0700. GL to all going out! 

• Like 1

Just now, LPJR said:

Will be out with 3Blade doing a Live hunt on the site later this afternoon. 

Have to catch a couple hours of zzz's first. Getting off shift at 0700. GL to all going out! 

I'll be racing down Blue Mill Road at 7:01am. 

• Haha 1

Orange NJ not many deer around maybe a few bums at the train station . If not pouring i will be out tomorrow morning 

1 minute ago, Slayer1962 said:

Orange NJ not many deer around maybe a few bums at the train station . If not pouring i will be out tomorrow morning 

One of the largest bucks that I've ever seen was in South Orange on Gregory Ave. The thing was huge. 

2 minutes ago, Bad64chevelle said:

Out in 48 But for a goose hunt . Slow morning . One snow goose down though . 

There were thousands of geese yesterday when I was deer hunting this farm. The farmer doesn't allow goose or turkey hunting and they are everywhere. 

20200109_144515.jpg

• Like 1

Had something come off the hill behind me and walk along side my blind when it was still too dark to see.  Thought it was going to come inside for a minute.   Then saw a few doe come up onto the tier I'm watching, but they went the other way.  Then one of the 8pts that I had on camera came down and was crossing in front of me when I shot.  Something didn't sound right, and the buck acted like it wasn't hit.  Couldn't find my arrow so I tracked him and looked all over where I last saw him, but not a drop of blood.  Went back to where he stood and found my arrow farther down the hill.  I think I clipped the wall below the window.  I was slouched down instead of sitting upright.  Dang it, but at least my season isn't over, and I don't think he was spooked too bad.

6 minutes ago, Greybeard said:

Had something come off the hill behind me and walk along side my blind when it was still too dark to see.  Thought it was going to come inside for a minute.   Then saw a few doe come up onto the tier I'm watching, but they went the other way.  Then one of the 8pts that I had on camera came down and was crossing in front of me when I shot.  Something didn't sound right, and the buck acted like it wasn't hit.  Couldn't find my arrow so I tracked him and looked all over where I last saw him, but not a drop of blood.  Went back to where he stood and found my arrow farther down the hill.  I think I clipped the wall below the window.  I was slouched down instead of sitting upright.  Dang it, but at least my season isn't over, and I don't think he was spooked too bad.

I've done it once and it sucked cuase it was a good deer. Same with me I did not catch it right away and new something happened and wasn't right. came back after I found my arrow and seen a slice below the window 

• Like 1