IGNORED

"Ouch"

I cannot imagine the frustration as well as the pain. I had a car slip off a jack stand an pin my hand to the ground . Others in the shop were out to lunch and i struggled to free my hand.

Once i got it out from under the car i was not sure how mush of a hand i had left . thankfully only one permanently mangled finger ( hard left hook 3/4 way up it) 

Probably was 10 -12 minutes before someone came back but seemed like days 

1841880430_Screenshot_20200108-1426592.thumb.png.3b578f2c5f27942bbe83bf18af91f9d0.png

I always carry at least 2 of these for 160-220-280. I don't mess with 330's at all

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."

Thanks! I do own and use three of the style that is in the picture. I get these from WCS in CT. I prefer this style for two reasons. First of all it fits nicely in my back pants pocket. And secondly, my hand is never inside the trap. I run about 50 single spring #160's for muskrats. There is not enough time in the day for me to use a safey gripping tool on muskrat traps. The only time a use a #110 for muskrats is when the situation calls for a small trap. The #160 is the ideal size for muskrats. When I trap in New York, I use a good percentage of single spring #220's. That trap does not miss.

100_4573 (1).JPG

30 minutes ago, 230jhp said:

I haven't trapped in over 50 years. The trap you are calling a duke#160 is what used to be called a conibear. What's up with that. 

BTW glad you're okay

Duke is the manufacturer, 160 is the size. Conibear I believe was the inventor and it is a generic term used for body grip traps

There is nothing more intolerant than a liberal preaching tolerance 

God gives the toughest battles to his strongest soldiers

"Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be without the strategy."