IGNORED

Youth day 2014 Sam's first turkey

resquecfd

we set up around 4:30am around 530 heard our first gobble. started calling using my cherry slate call custom made by 2Barrel . heard one gobble around 8am but didn't answer us , called again at 8:30am bingo we had one call back than nothing, called again at 8:50 we got 2 gobbling back just in the woods called a little more than 3 came out heading right for our decoys the oldest one in full strut. my son couldn't see them at this point than they made there way to the front of our blind and bam one shot a nice jake went down 4in beard 15lbs. great day in the woods cant wait till Monday to shoot one of his buddies

20140419_090009 - Copy.jpg

20140419_090316.jpg

20140419_090955.jpg

20140419_090656.jpg

20140419_114801.jpg

Congrats! Had to work for him a little bit, that makes it more exciting! Here's to a day you'll never forge!!!  :pepsi:     :up:  :up:

“I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target, but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can, with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature’s way of fang and claw and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow.” – Fred Bear