IGNORED

new fly rod setup

Kype

used a small part of my christmas bonus to spend at a local small buisness. i drove to shannons fly shop couple weeks ago to buy a new set up for 2020. i already have the same set up in a 9' 5 weight except with a readington rise reel. this time around i bought the same rod but in a 7 foot 3 weight and bought a galvan torque reel. like always the guys at shannons throws in free backing and fly line with a purchase of a rod and reel combo, and half dozen flies. i cant wait to make some casts on trout and this 3 weight will be a blast for summer smallies. 

KIMG1305.thumb.JPG.82fa5c2e11bfecfe960ff8e5099cc12e.JPG

KIMG1317.thumb.JPG.50f2b4c3027e64f3fa1e7ce9311a02bd.JPGKIMG1318.thumb.JPG.aa80b4f6b08f0c1616aa38bfecb51581.JPGKIMG1306.thumb.JPG.771cfa71729c9904cdf39c08f0e7aae8.JPG

KIMG1305.JPG

That is nice. I haven't fly fished in about 15 years now and I miss it a lot. Used to fish the Gorge a lot and some streams in PA and some salt water also. Have a great year.

I thought, growing old would take longer ! 

I spent most of my money on shotguns and fly rods.  The rest I just wasted.

23 minutes ago, stratocaster said:

Very cool.  I will warn you, it is an addiction like hunting.  Wait till you start tying flies.  

i do tie flies. have been for 12 years. been fly fishing for about the same time. both came hand in hand for me. i currently have a renzetti traveler vise and a dedicated section of the basement for tying. 

funny thing is i started trapping for fly tying lol. muskrat fur, fox tails, coon tails ect....and every buck i have ever shot has caught at least a dozen smallies from making clouser minnows:up:

• 3 weeks later...