IGNORED

2020 Bluefish Regulations

bucky

Going back 20 years ago, I could go to Leonardo Beach (near launch ramp) at incoming or outgoing tide and catch Blues on every cast at times from mid April to mid May. Last 5-6 years I have not caught much of any unless you want to make a couple of hundred casts and maybe catch a straggler. 

I thought the surf conditions were effected by Hurricane Sandy as the cause. Now I wonder. 

1 hour ago, rocky said:

I have been bitching and trying since the first march which had a great turnout which could have been even better considering how many fishermen there are. The second march was pathetic. 

You are correct hammer, recreational fishermen are lazy and unfortunately very unorganized. If it keeps up only pirates will be able to keep a fillet for the table! 

80667551_10216437373793123_3429759878116

Yep .First march coul dnt fill 3 buses.

Second trip was even less .

100 guys marched for the million that fish here

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

Going back 20 years ago, I could go to Leonardo Beach (near launch ramp) at incoming or outgoing tide and catch Blues on every cast at times from mid April to mid May. Last 5-6 years I have not caught much of any unless you want to make a couple of hundred casts and maybe catch a straggler. 

I thought the surf conditions were effected by Hurricane Sandy as the cause. Now I wonder. 

Hears something to think about 20 years ago while you were cacthing those fish guy up east in places like buzzards bay could not buy a blue fish bite but the last few years they catch them like you did 20years ago in lenoardo.  And this also can stand true with our summer flounder and I suspect our black bass are starting the same trend  just something to think about and I don't have any idea why this seems to be occurring I just know it is

3 minutes ago, smittty said:

Hears something to think about 20 years ago while you were cacthing those fish guy up east in places like buzzards bay could not buy a blue fish bite but the last few years they catch them like you did 20years ago in lenoardo.  And this also can stand true with our summer flounder and I suspect our black bass are starting the same trend  just something to think about and I don't have any idea why this seems to be occurring I just know it is

We were catching them 5 at a time in Massachusetts. 

Trolling an umbrella rig with just 4 hooks ..

They have the bait. And the Fish to go with it .

Captain Dan Bias

REELMUSIC SPORTFISHING

50# Striper live release club.

http://reelmusicsportfishing.blogspot.com/

22 minutes ago, smittty said:

Same applies to Weakfish. You had to hide the hook to bait it when they were plentiful about 20 years ago. Some of it is cyclical, some of it is just too much pressure on the fish stocks. Fish consumption probably up 300% in the last 20 years. 

7 minutes ago, archer36 said:

Same applies to Weakfish. You had to hide the hook to bait it when they were plentiful about 20 years ago. Some of it is cyclical, some of it is just too much pressure on the fish stocks. Fish consumption probably up 300% in the last 20 years. 

No weakfish is not the same they are gone end of story. They just didn't change range they disappeared all together 

1 hour ago, archer36 said:

Yeah I recently saw a TV show where they were catching Bluefin Tuna off the coast of Scotland and it was never done before. 

I visit my mother in law in Scotland almost every year. She lives on Delgety Bay and I never saw a single fisherman in all those years of visiting her. I talked to a retired Capt. several years back and he said "It was fished out and polluted."

Sad. Hopefully we don't go in that direction. I look at all that water and it is hard to believe I can't throw a line in it.

2560px-Fife_UK_location_map.svg.png

Edited by rocky

9 hours ago, TroutandBucks said:

Not many around any more. What do people think years and years of keep loads and loads of blue fish and most getting thrown in the trash that this wouldnt happen. 

I used to tell the mates I don't want them and they would gaff them anyway.  Blues are terrible eating but fight like demons.  We never appreciate what we  have until they're gone.  I'm glad they put regs on them.

14 hours ago, rocky said:

I visit my mother in law in Scotland almost every year. She lives on Delgety Bay and I never saw a single fisherman in all those years of visiting her. I talked to a retired Capt. several years back and he said "It was fished out and polluted."

Sad. Hopefully we don't go in that direction. I look at all that water and it is hard to believe I can't throw a line in it.

2560px-Fife_UK_location_map.svg.png

You're right, it's not well known. Here is the info. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7663914/fullcredits

17 hours ago, smittty said:

Same with weakfish.