Where is state buying their pheasants from? Assunpink sux/up north is loaded

Bonefreak

Who cares what I think about the new stocking program, but I'm bored so here I go:

-A $40 stamp is an amazing value and I still find the hunting enjoyable even though I have to work hard to find birds.

-Reallocation is a great idea because the orange army is ridiculous, however, it is too much for me to drive 1.5 hours to the gap or over an hour to South NJ. I absolutely love hunting those places when I can find the time, but places like Clinton, Pequest, and Black River are much closer and they have been negatively impacted. 

-The rotating of the fields they stock (for reasons other than driving conditions) makes ZERO sense to me. Reallocation is based on creating a better experience for all hunters by spreading people out. We know NJ people - they either get intel on what was stocked or they look for tire tracks in the morning. More people now congregate to the stocked areas instead of spreading out across the entire WMA. That defeats the purpose of what they are trying to accomplish with the reallocation initiative. 

I think its  a good value if that is what you are into. I no longer have a dog and have turned to bow hunting deer so i would go once or twice a year with my brother in law and his dog. 

It is definitely not worth the expense to me because i do not put in the time. I would say if you hunted 4 times and got a few birds you got your moneys worth. What else can you do for $10 a day? 

4 hours ago, Slayer1962 said:

I think its  a good value if that is what you are into. I no longer have a dog and have turned to bow hunting deer so i would go once or twice a year with my brother in law and his dog. 

It is definitely not worth the expense to me because i do not put in the time. I would say if you hunted 4 times and got a few birds you got your moneys worth. What else can you do for $10 a day? 

Buy a 6 pack 

Definitely can't complain to much about this years stocking. We haven't been "skunked" at all any time we have been out. Maybe not getting our limit each time, but we have had a few excellent days. I am also hunting the north zone along the gap and flatbrook/walpack areas. Although I did hear some not so great things about these last two stocking days for us up here at all. (end of season laziness) is what it sounds like

I've took my limits for pheasant every Saturday in Stafford Forge and this is without a dog. They stocked pretty good in the smaller section of the WMA parallel to the Parkway, the birds were evenly spread out everywhere. I had a fun season. I bagged 2 quail in Greenwood as well. 

Edited by Leg O Mutton

Here’s my .2 after reading and learning from some posts on here recently. I also grew up hunting both the flatbrook and Clinton exclusively....

1) $40 bucks for a stamp is a steal considering what we spend on other things in comparison. A meal at McDonald’s is $10 for Christ sake....

2) it has always been extremely dangerous and something needs to be done.

3) it was interesting to read a post about them moving the allocation of the birds because of the proximity of Clinton, black river etc to the urban sprawl and McMansions. Fish and game will never admit it but if that’s what they are doing under the guise of spreading the birds out around the state then it’s complete bullshit. In all honesty I never even thought of that and it makes perfect sense.....

4)  I will continue to stick by my stance of not announcing the stockings days and keeping the numbers the same and the way they were. Other states do this and it works!

5) Last, it sounds like the state is trying but they are still screwing it up royally.