IGNORED

Goose hunting

ray1270

I love Goose Hunting. I went to Maryland three times back in the 80's. Then their Goose Migration collapsed. I had great goose hunting in NJ for many years after that. For some reason, the goose hunting over the last 5 years in my area has SUCKED. Last year I sold most of my decoys, layout blind, and ammo. Was not worth keeping anymore. This year is a bust too from my observations. Maybe one or two migratory flocks flying by in two or three hours while deer hunting. Used to be non-stop.

Enjoy and good luck in the future.  

Edited by archer36

Down where I am, I can say about about 5 or 6 weeks ago we had huge flocks migrating in the area. Sky was filled every morning with hundreds to thousands. This was happening the end of the early season into this "dead zone" where they paused the season in December. Now the season has opened back up, and I have not seen or heard hardly any at all. A month ago, they would be flying over my house - you could hear them coming from a mile away. I can't say I've heard a single bird come over the house in weeks.

There are some birds - I have a feeling they are the residents - but it almost seems like the migration stopped weeks ago.