archer36

Your Method of Installing a Ladder Stand

2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Put base of ladder against tree.   Walk out to seat section, lift it up, and get under it.  Walk towards the tree moving your hands up the ladder as you go, until it is up.  Attach those long straps to the top first, so you can secure the ladder to the tree before you climb up and put your ratchet strap on.

Ditto, that's exactly what I do.  Only takes 1 person, quick and simple.     

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Ditto, that's exactly what I do.  Only takes 1 person, quick and simple.     

I will say that it takes some strength to do by yourself and if you’re not in good shape you might want to figure out some other way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, MGHunter66 said:

Mines pretty simple and works well. Set ladder feet 3” into ground, stand ladder against tree. Put stabilizer against tree, put rachet strap a rung above stabilizer and cinch tight. Climb up and attach upper strap already attached to stand. Putting the rachet a rung above the stabilzer makes the stand a lot sturdier as you climb up to do the upper strap, you can adjust it to be in line with the stabilizer when your done up top and climb back down. Very easy and never need two people

I do the same thing except I need another person to help 

I turn my ladder stand upside down so shooting rail against ground, make sure the bottom legs of the stand are against the tree, and walk it up like an extension ladder, piece of cake. Used to do this with a double rung 22’ ladder stand too.

17 hours ago, mmfan36 said:

Looks like a better alternative to the ropes/straps they give you to attach just up over the support bar. It would be a good substitute for the winch I was considering. They can stay on all the time too. Thanks. 

I put it together walk it up to the tree and step on the ladder. My fat A$$ pushes it into the sand a good bit before i climb up and put the strap on. I also put the middle bracket on to the tree before climbing. its pretty stable

18 minutes ago, Slayer1962 said:

I also put the middle bracket on to the tree before climbing. its pretty stable

If you don't do that before you climb the ladder it collapses into the tree.  Seen guys do that a few times.  

Edited by Rusty

Wish this thread was posted years back BEFORE I ever hung my first ladder stand.  First couple times trying to put up a heavy two man stand by myself were downright scary.

15 minutes ago, BuzzBomber said:

Wish this thread was posted years back BEFORE I ever hung my first ladder stand.  First couple times trying to put up a heavy two man stand by myself were downright scary.

Yeah the big 2 man stands are fun alone.  Been there done that.  :rofl: