njdoxie

question about squirrel hunting Berkshire Valley

Just recently moved to north Jersey, was thinking of getting back into squirrel hunting and the closest places for me are Berkshire Valley and Black River.

Regarding Berkshire Valley, can you park off of Rt 80 where the power line is?

I would like to stay away from Pheasant hunters, do they stock the section that's close to Rt 80 and the powerline?  I don't want to "spot burn" lol, so feel free to call me at eight 6 two 2 oh nine oh nine 4 eight.

Now I gotta figure out which air rifle best suits me, SO many choices and actions available.....

You've got a lot of great public land that don't stock pheasants:  Rockaway River WMA, Sparta Mt. WMA, Weldon Brook WMA, Wildcat Ridge WMA.  

Edited by Rusty
  • Agree 1

Pheasant hunters are very limited and where they hunt and what times.  You have thousands of acres in that area to squirrel hunt away from pheasant hunters.  And you are not allowed to park on a highway to hunt.  Shoulders are for emergency parking only

The bridge work has blocked access to the power line right away.   Last year during 6 day I would see a truck parked back there.  

3 hours ago, njdoxie said:

Now I gotta figure out which air rifle best suits me, SO many choices and actions available.....

I love the Diana RWS.

• Like 1

Shoot them all, those little devils put my neck into a muscle spasms everytime I slowly look around when I hear them tip toeing around

• Haha 2