IGNORED

Smart fox or dumb trapper? (Update)

Psehunter

Snow can be great and also be a pain in the ass. Everything gets brite out at night with the snow and they can see the snare at times. Use 5/64 cable in this late season as it's a little less visible and faster than 3/32. Some times you can run a couple snares on the same run. Like some said a road killbait in the area or some fox  lure or urine. I never had a problem with scent on snare. I never use gloves. All scent is gone in a couple of days. Also dont think it is just one fox running there. I have one property I caught on average of 20-22 fox off of 3 years in a row. All with in area 100 yards or less.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, we got him this morning! Pulled the snares for a few days and then reset them on same trails but different locations. 

Then everything went to hell, got home to hot water heat dumping water in the basement, shut the water off cleaned it all up and go into the other room to find one of my drop ceiling tiles on the ground and water everywhere. The line to my ice maker on the fridge broke and was dumping water into that room!! Wtf ,how does this all happen in one day at the same time. There goes the money I saved for kayaks in the spring 😵

KIMG0269.JPG

KIMG0271.JPG

Edited by Psehunter

8 minutes ago, TouchofGrey said:

Nice animal. Father in law used to say "fun owning a house".. whenever s**t happened.

Look at that smile in the picture... He's not worrying about water!

New year... Better karma... 

Congratulations and Happy New year ..

I agree that's why I did what I can today and still took my son deer hunting in the evening like promised ..just gets me how two things like that can happen at the sametime