IGNORED

Another FNG from DMZ 5

BuzzBomber

Greeting fellow outdoorsmen(and women)! I've been lurking here for a while trying to pick up some knowledge, and figured it was finally time to join. Grew up on a small sheep farm in Green with a lot of woods and state land adjacent and spent a lot of time bumming around in the woods as a kid. Nobody in the family hunted, so I didn't either.  I was always a bit jealous of my friends whose dads took them hunting, but I had plenty of other things to keep my busy so I never pursued it.  Although, I did a lot of fishing as a kid and dabbled in archery for a few years. 

Buying a house across the street from Whittingham WMA and picking up a used Parker Wildfire a few years ago got me off my duff to finally get my hunting license and get back out in the woods.  Shot the Parker for a while, harvested my first buck with it last year, and then discovered the Appalachian Bowmen club of Sussex County and traditional archery. Easing into it with an OMP Smoky Mtn Hunter for now and hunting with a crossbow while I gain proficiency with a single string bow.  Mostly I'm hunting deer, but I have done a little pheasant hunting and picked up a turkey permit this past fall (no luck on either, yet...).

Looking forward to joining in the conversations here and learn some things (because I know I have a lot to learn starting out hunting in my 40s...).

14 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Welcome to the site Buzz.  We usually do a late winter get-together 2 minutes from your house!!  :cheers:

Do you have a outdoor campfire?

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt