MZ7Extreme

First Lite or Sitka Gear

Can’t comment on first lite because never tried but I love Sitkas stuff. First lite camo just seems “trendy” right now but I’m sure it’s also great stuff. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJ Predator said:

Why is camo expensive in the first place?

Because its hard to find it:shock:

• Winner 1

Anyone all day tree stand hunting in either gear in temps 20F and below?  A lot of gear is fine for activity but not so much stationary hunting.   

2 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Anyone all day tree stand hunting in either gear in temps 20F and below?  A lot of gear is fine for activity but not so much stationary hunting.   

KUIU is a perfect example. Great stuff if you are chasing Elk in BC but not so great for winter tree stand hunting
However, Sitka does have tree stand gear.

6 minutes ago, BowhunterNJ said:

Yup, that’s all I do and I can tell you that I’ve sat all day with temps in the mid teens and been comfortable. I’ve never had that with anything else I’ve owned

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 06roadking said:

Yup, that’s all I do and I can tell you that I’ve sat all day with temps in the mid teens and been comfortable. I’ve never had that with anything else I’ve owned

Your previous post on the subject, above, made me buy today bibs and the jacket. If it works as advertised I will keep it, if not it will go back.

• Like 3

I use both and Kuiu as well. They all have their strengths, I think FL is lighter and better for active western hunts. Sitka has a better whitetail gear from what I’ve seen. Kuiu has awesome rain gear.

They all run small in my opinion, I am anything but an “athletic” cut these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Lunatic said:

Your previous post on the subject, above, made me buy today bibs and the jacket. If it works as advertised I will keep it, if not it will go back.

I want an official Lunatic review! :)

I wanted the Sitka Fanatic bib and jacket but the problem is that they are using blue hues and greys and deer see both.

I dont mind spending the money as long as the pattern helps. Yeah I know movement gets you busted second to wind but I want to be blended in as much as possible.

I know Sitka has the warmth factor down pat.