pjb

WTB Bore Sight

Looking for a laser bore sight for 243 and 556. I need to scope in 2 guns.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Where are you located, I have one you can borrow
I'm in New Egypt. I'm looking at sometime after Christmas. I might be getting a scope for for Christmas. Haha

Good luck, I'm on the other side of the world.
Thanks for the offer. Haha

For a bolt or a ar/auto-pump platform?
The 243 is a bolt action. The 556 is AR platform.

Never used one but if you have a sled you can have your gun, with just installed scope on it, sighted in 2 to 3 shots.

• Winner 1

After a little more research, I think I need a complete kit with level since I'm mounting the scope as well as sighting.

27 minutes ago, pjb said:

After a little more research, I think I need a complete kit with level since I'm mounting the scope as well as sighting.

I have this one and love it.  Mounted several scopes with it.  You also need a bench rest or a led sled to hold the gun in place when you mount the scope.

https://www.amazon.com/Weaver-849721-Deluxe-Scope-Mounting/dp/B00488R666/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=weaver+scope+kit&qid=1576250073&sr=8-3

Led Sled

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Adjustable-Reducing-Shooting-Outdoor/dp/B00359P0YY/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=lead+sled&qid=1576250147&sr=8-4

The led sled above has a strap that will hold the gun in place, and you can adjust the feet to get the gun into balance to properly mount the scope.  Then you can take it to the range to sight it in on paper.

I usually don't use a bore sight on rifle scopes when I mount them.  I put the gun with the newly mounted scope onto the sled and take a shot at 50 yards.  I see if I am on paper, and if not, where did the dirt kick up on the mound behind the target.  Dial in to adjust, take another shot.  On paper?  Adjust until zeroed.  Then I move the target out to 100 yards, and depending on the rifle and scope, out to 200 yards.

The Leupold scope I have needs to be set to 7x and sighted in at 200-yards for the B&C reticle to be used properly.  Read your scope manuals to see what they recommend for sighting in.  Every scope is different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haskell_Hunter said:

I have this one and love it.  Mounted several scopes with it.  You also need a bench rest or a led sled to hold the gun in place when you mount the scope.

https://www.amazon.com/Weaver-849721-Deluxe-Scope-Mounting/dp/B00488R666/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=weaver+scope+kit&qid=1576250073&sr=8-3

Led Sled

https://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Adjustable-Reducing-Shooting-Outdoor/dp/B00359P0YY/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=lead+sled&qid=1576250147&sr=8-4

The led sled above has a strap that will hold the gun in place, and you can adjust the feet to get the gun into balance to properly mount the scope.  Then you can take it to the range to sight it in on paper.

I usually don't use a bore sight on rifle scopes when I mount them.  I put the gun with the newly mounted scope onto the sled and take a shot at 50 yards.  I see if I am on paper, and if not, where did the dirt kick up on the mound behind the target.  Dial in to adjust, take another shot.  On paper?  Adjust until zeroed.  Then I move the target out to 100 yards, and depending on the rifle and scope, out to 200 yards.

The Leupold scope I have needs to be set to 7x and sighted in at 200-yards for the B&C reticle to be used properly.  Read your scope manuals to see what they recommend for sighting in.  Every scope is different.

If at 50 yards your first shot is on paper then this is all you need to get sighted in. Keep your gun on the sled, make sure your are aiming where you were aiming with the first shot, make sure the gun don't move and with horizontal and vertical adjustment walk your crosshairs  to where you hit the target. If your first shot was perfect and you can move the crosshairs without moving the gun you are now sighted in .

• Like 2

I'm good with the zero process. I have a few days with a flag on my shoulder. I was just being lazy. Haha