IGNORED

12/12/19 Thursday 6-day firearm Check in

gonefishing

@Slayer1962, is the Nitro ammo copper coated lead or is it their hevishot?  I use Nitro for my turkey gun (which I haven't used in years), good stuff.  Expensive but for how many shots you're going to take at game, I think it's worthwhile.

Also what is this adjustable fiber optic sight you have?  Adjustable on the fly you're saying or just something you adjusted (rear sight) while patterning?

5 hours ago, Slayer1962 said:

Was an 8 but broke one tine was done by 8:15 
Many will question it but 82 yards with buckshot . I measured with range finder 3 times i knew it was a long shot but couldn't believe it .
Sp10 with custom choke and Nitro custom buckshot. Dropped stone dead. 
A few of you followed and helped with my quest to gather the components for a really good buckshot gun.
I bought the SP10 on the other site ( traded x bow) 
I spoke to several of you guys about getting my gun to pattern right.
I ended up with Nitro ammo , they told me what choke to buy and they loaded custom ammo. 
They guarantee a pellet count at 75 yards. ( i forget the number in kill zone)
I actually bought a box of 00 and a box of 000. I patterned at 50 then 75 yards and choose the 000 buck
It consistently put 4-6 pellets in a pie plate at 75 yards good enough for me. 
The deer was actually closer to my buddy but he never saw him. I lined up the shot and had a rest in the climber.
I put adjustable fiber optic sights on so I could center my pattern back in July . Could have been luck but it dropped like a rock and never got up .
I will ask the butcher for pictures after he skins it 

decdeer.jpg

Congrats nice buck