and the winner is....

Whiskers

This was a charity raffle for the Sunshine Foundation. I put it on 3-4 different sites. 

Joe Quinn is from njh, he is a lurker, he's never posted on that site because of some of the backlash and blasting that goes on. Joe lives in NY state.

I wanted to let everyone know who won. That's why I've posted it on the other sites.

I have to say the NJH site really came thru, those guys bought a ton of tickets.

Ah that's a shame Joe feels that way, congrats to him regardless. Maybe pass this site along to him, he might feel differently here.

Just some feedback regaring the raffle, if you can post it up earlier on here next time you do one that would be helpful.

I realize a lot of guys are on both sites, but maybe I can work something out to buy a bunch of tickets on this site's behalf and then give them away to members.

It was posted here just a week and a half before the drawing and was mail-in (or in person) only, so that made it a little difficult to turn it around (really on my end).

It's a great cause working with the Sunshine Foundation, hats off to you for helping out! :up:

BowhunterNJ, I didn't know about this site much before then.

We had several issues that gave us a short turn around. 

#1, The hunt was donated in January and the donor insisted on an early April drawing. That's so the winner can talk his buddies into going along and paying for a hunt, and I understand that.

#2. We had to get a NJ State Raffle license, to do that you have to be approved thru the town the drawing is to be held in, then they send the paper work to Trenton. We did that in January, in February we received a letter telling us we needed to submit a facsimile of the ticket before it could be approved. We did that, I called everyday after I faxed the facsimile to them, to make sure they received it. All I got was voice mails. Finally in March, I stopped at the boro hall to see if they could help get an answer. During this conversation the Boro Clerk found our license on her desk. It was dated February 18. Now I had to hurry up and get the tickets printed. Then as in all organizations people had some issues with the wording, that caused another slight delay, until I told them we were selling them the way they were.

If we do another one, hopefully we will have a bigger window to get them out.

Thanks for your support guys.

NJ...typical red tape, over-complication and incompetence. Surprised they didn't need blood from someones firstborn son. lol

Do you have to go through all that rig-a-ma-role every time?

Congrats to Joe Q...and good luck to him on his hunt!