Bonefreak

Anyone remember a 7 AM start for 6 day??!!

When I was a kid....35 yrs ago....I remember 6 day having a 7 AM start.....then it went to half hour before sunrise. 

Is my memory correct....or was it one of my dad's 6 day rules??!!

Btw....good luck this wk!!

Edited by Bonefreak
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nomad said:

7 to 5 you are correct

Oh yeah......I forgot bout the 5 PM quittin time!!

Used to keep one eye on the Swatch Watch.....n one eye glaring into the pines n scrub oak!!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I hunted stokes when younger.  7am sounded like opening day of pheasant season!

Oh yeah!  We were always up Old Mine Rd just west of Layton General Store.....7 AM sounded like opening day small game at assunpink!!  Shots everywhere!!

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Oh yeah!  We were always up Old Mine Rd just west of Layton General Store.....7 AM sounded like opening day small game at assunpink!!  Shots everywhere!!

We did the same up there. Had to get way back in there to stay away from the orange army.

• Like 1

I remember 7 to 5. I think it's changed now because you have a lot of zones with antlerless permits and the regs are different for that. 

23 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

We did the same up there. Had to get way back in there to stay away from the orange army.

Same here. Would be at parking lot by 5am, get on Appalachian trail walk up, then cut in and walk on the ridge some more, post up for the day, (a sub from our local sub shop-Taste in sayreville,  couple of sodas)

Sit and wait. I had a great buck week streak going for almost 20 years, usually monday or Saturday was my lucky days.  Just by being up high, away from the crowds.  I was patient and always in the right spot at the right time.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I remember it as a kid.  I felt like an outlaw when my dad told me to shoot if I see a buck before 7:00 and just stay in stand till after 7:00 (not that a co would’ve let anybody get away with it lol). I never shot one before 7 but he did one year at 6:45!

31 minutes ago, Dominant buck said:

Same here. Would be at parking lot by 5am, get on Appalachian trail walk up, then cut in and walk on the ridge some more, post up for the day, (a sub from our local sub shop-Taste in sayreville,  couple of sodas)

Sit and wait. I had a great buck week streak going for almost 20 years, usually monday or Saturday was my lucky days.  Just by being up high, away from the crowds.  I was patient and always in the right spot at the right time.  

Gene?