Jump to content
Bonefreak

Anyone remember a 7 AM start for 6 day??!!

Recommended Posts

When I was a kid....35 yrs ago....I remember 6 day having a 7 AM start.....then it went to half hour before sunrise. 

Is my memory correct....or was it one of my dad's 6 day rules??!!

Btw....good luck this wk!!

Edited by Bonefreak
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nomad said:

7 to 5 you are correct

Oh yeah......I forgot bout the 5 PM quittin time!!

Used to keep one eye on the Swatch Watch.....n one eye glaring into the pines n scrub oak!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gobblengrunt said:

I hunted stokes when younger.  7am sounded like opening day of pheasant season!

Oh yeah!  We were always up Old Mine Rd just west of Layton General Store.....7 AM sounded like opening day small game at assunpink!!  Shots everywhere!!

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bonefreak said:

Oh yeah!  We were always up Old Mine Rd just west of Layton General Store.....7 AM sounded like opening day small game at assunpink!!  Shots everywhere!!

We did the same up there. Had to get way back in there to stay away from the orange army.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember 7 to 5. I think it's changed now because you have a lot of zones with antlerless permits and the regs are different for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, electric10162 said:

We did the same up there. Had to get way back in there to stay away from the orange army.

Same here. Would be at parking lot by 5am, get on Appalachian trail walk up, then cut in and walk on the ridge some more, post up for the day, (a sub from our local sub shop-Taste in sayreville,  couple of sodas)

Sit and wait. I had a great buck week streak going for almost 20 years, usually monday or Saturday was my lucky days.  Just by being up high, away from the crowds.  I was patient and always in the right spot at the right time.  

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember it as a kid.  I felt like an outlaw when my dad told me to shoot if I see a buck before 7:00 and just stay in stand till after 7:00 (not that a co would’ve let anybody get away with it lol). I never shot one before 7 but he did one year at 6:45!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dominant buck said:

Same here. Would be at parking lot by 5am, get on Appalachian trail walk up, then cut in and walk on the ridge some more, post up for the day, (a sub from our local sub shop-Taste in sayreville,  couple of sodas)

Sit and wait. I had a great buck week streak going for almost 20 years, usually monday or Saturday was my lucky days.  Just by being up high, away from the crowds.  I was patient and always in the right spot at the right time.  

Gene?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...